IGNORED

Parking Fines

reddevon

Hoping that someone on here is a bit of an expert or works with the above.

I received a ticket for parking last Sunday 17th in a suspended bay.

At first glance I believed the restrictions were over the previous day (see attched) and that the notice had been typed wrongly (there being no Sat 16th April 2017).

The council say pay up and sorry for the mistake!

Is it worth a formal appeal?

parkingnotice.jpg

The appeal wont cost you anything, so why not.

If you haven't already, call them up keep it friendly and upbeat and just hope you don't have some a-hole on the other end.

I wont bore everyone to death with the 2 year battle it took me to get a 2nd parking permit for my address. That got 1 stage away from an independent ombudsman type review which is about as high as you can go in the process. I even put in a freedom of information act request on how much they make and how much it costs to run their parking services (BCC) a few years ago, they declared it as break even.....hmmmmm.

The one thing that gets me with these kind of fines is that just gets shoved to a debt collector as soon as its overdue - ridiculous. Twice i have been given tickets where my car was in a "no return within an hour" bay, went off for 3 hours came back and parked in an almost identical position, 10  mins later there is a ticket on my windscreen. When i called up to complain, they said they had marked my tire valve positions and that they were in the same place on my return and as i was in the same bay i must of just stayed there and the chances of them ended up in the same place was "a million to one chance". What about the odds on the second time it happened then?. I was working as a field engineer and had to get 2 managers of our clients to write a headed letter as evidence that i want just parked there for 3-4 hours. Even got a ticket for my rear wheel being 2 inches over the line once FFS. Appealed and got that one struck off. The whole thing is a money making scam, end of.

So without proof, what if you just went for a drive and came back? The next stage when you dont pay? Debt collectors! Total bollocks.

Fight it as hard as you can, make them work for the fine!

35 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

Never EVER appeal, in doing so you are admitting you have done something wrong.

I may have misunderstood, are you saying don't do anything then? Apart from appeal what can you do? Ignore it?

On 4/22/2016 at 12:41, reddevon said:

Hoping that someone on here is a bit of an expert or works with the above.

I received a ticket for parking last Sunday 17th in a suspended bay.

At first glance I believed the restrictions were over the previous day (see attched) and that the notice had been typed wrongly (there being no Sat 16th April 2017).

The council say pay up and sorry for the mistake!

Is it worth a formal appeal?

parkingnotice.jpg

Did you park where you should not have?

If you did, then pay up and stop wasting everyones time.

If you are innocent, appeal until the end of time.

Good luck.

Uncle TFR

16 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

@reddevon have you joined the group yet?

People are asking questions i can't answer for you.

FB group

Hi NSRed,  sent my joining request in couple of days ago but not yet approved for membership!

Have told Devon Council I am appealing when the statutory notice comes through.

Thanks

Archived