IGNORED

Hijack the Hashtag?

JM91

Just a suggestion, but in the absence of common sense at Bristol Sport, perhaps Hijacking the #MakeBristolProud slogan by using it alongside irrelevant, distasteful and anti-Bristol Rugby/Flyers posts could shift the clubs hand regarding this ridiculous kit?

1 minute ago, JM91 said:

Just a suggestion, but in the absence of common sense at Bristol Sport, perhaps Hijacking the #MakeBristolProud slogan by using it alongside irrelevant, distasteful and anti-Bristol Rugby/Flyers posts could shift the clubs hand regarding this ridiculous kit?

It might shift the club's hand, it would also make the twatterati generating the posts look like petty bell-ends.  Just in my opinion, that is.

2 minutes ago, JM91 said:

Not worth a new thread, not worth being that petty either.

If people didn't adopt the default setting of 'offended' by everything they didn't received a personal consultation on, the hashtag argument would never have existed.

3 minutes ago, JM91 said:

Or not....Why further damage the image of the club by acting like petulant children.  The club are aware of the fans thoughts on this and will either change it or not (if it's not too late - could be that thousands of shirts have already been produced).  Nothing will be done to force it.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If people didn't adopt the default setting of 'offended' by everything they didn't received a personal consultation on, the hashtag argument would never have existed.

I would say that you are massively missing the point, it wasn't the fact that people weren't consulted. More to do with the fact the many people agree that it looks shit and a simple bit of liaison would have saved the club time AND money

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I would say that you are massively missing the point, it wasn't the fact that people weren't consulted. More to do with the fact the many people agree that it looks shit and a simple bit of liaison would have saved the club time AND money

By the same token, many people don't look beyond it's a red football shirt, with the clubs crest on and don't feel they need to be consulted over seemingly trivial things.

I don't buy for myself, I buy for my kids. And I guess they will care less than myself over it.

4 minutes ago, screech said:

By the same token, many people don't look beyond it's a red football shirt, with the clubs crest on and don't feel they need to be consulted over seemingly trivial things.

I don't buy for myself, I buy for my kids. And I guess they will care less than myself over it.

equally by the same token, it's just a hashtag and one which Bristol City can't police the use of.

I do seem to recall the mixture of opinion when the club introduced a secondary sponsor on the back of the shirt - Blackthorn I think at the time?

That outrage did seem to pass after a while, as I am sure so too shall the #backlash.

For what it's worth, in my opinion the # is crap. But I don't mind Poplar.

The kits would have been ordered months ago, they would already be in production and a significant amount already ready made awaiting delivery. 

Cancelling the orders would mean the club will be liable to pay all costs and they would be sat with a loss making product on their hands. 

Considering all that do we really want to let the club waste that money? Or put the revenue to better use. 

Horse has already bolted people.

Archived