IGNORED

Chelsea don't want Spurs to win the league...

No great surprise there but what did surprise me was that Hazard has come out and said that no one at Chelsea wants Spurs to win the league.

Should Leicester beat them at The Bridge to clinch the title surely people will suspect dodgy goings on?

Given the impact Chelsea could have on who wins the league, is anyone else surprised Hazard has come out with this statement?

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

No great surprise there but what did surprise me was that Hazard has come out and said that no one at Chelsea wants Spurs to win the league.

Should Leicester beat them at The Bridge to clinch the title surely people will suspect dodgy goings on?

Given the impact Chelsea could have on who wins the league, is anyone else surprised Hazard has come out with this statement?

Fabregas said the same on MNF last week.

Yes shocked by this . He shouldn't of said this ,its calls into the question the professinonalism of Chelsea.

This wouldn't have been said years ago, but with the influx of foreigners it have changed the integrity of the game.

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Might be wrong but I think it will be won by Leicester before they get to Stamford Bridge.

I'm not so certain. Leicester have three tough games to come and Spurs are flying. Fully expect Spurs to win tomorrow night and it's certainly not inconceivable that Leciester will lose at Old Trafford. Then suddenly it's wide open.

Let's be honest, Chelsea have as much say as everyone else given its a 38 game season. That they play the two contenders as the season draws close makes little difference; each game is worth 3 points and each side put themselves in and out of contention long before now. Besides, it's one thing to say you don't want a team to win a title, quite another to throw a game. 

23 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm not so certain. Leicester have three tough games to come and Spurs are flying. Fully expect Spurs to win tomorrow night and it's certainly not inconceivable that Leciester will lose at Old Trafford. Then suddenly it's wide open.

Everton under Martinez the fraud? That's 3 out of the 5 they need. If Spurs so much as draw a single game that'll be all they need. 

45 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Yes shocked by this . He shouldn't of said this ,its calls into the question the professinonalism of Chelsea.

This wouldn't have been said years ago, but with the influx of foreigners it have changed the integrity of the game.

It's not the influx of foreign players that's ruined the game. It's the greed of the players and agents that has turned the game.

If it was us and Rovers stood to win the league would we want to beat their nearest rivals? I think the players are provably only saying what the fans want to hear. You can bet Hiddink won't be thinking it not saying it. 

54 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Jesus. Because 'foreigners' have less integrity than right honourable British folk? Surely everyone's a foreigner to someone?

23 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Everton under Martinez the fraud? That's 3 out of the 5 they need. If Spurs so much as draw a single game that'll be all they need. 

If you're so certain of the Everton result Tomarse I assume you'll be betting a very large sum of money on it! Football is never that certain.

Not saying it's likely, I'm just saying I can see a potential run of results that would make things interesting.

1 hour ago, Miahdennehy said:

Really?

Diving , timewasting , feigning injury, trying to get opposing players sent off. This is now all part of the game , it wasn't 20 years ago in England but it as always been part of the game in Europe and South America.

5 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Diving , timewasting , feigning injury, trying to get opposing players sent off. This is now all part of the game , it wasn't 20 years ago in England but it as always been part of the game in Europe and South America.

I remember the Franny Lee, Norman Hunter punch up! 

A Chelsea player expressing an opinion (we have to take his word about what his team mates have said) does't necessarily mean that he reflects his teams opinion.

This could all be decided before it even gets to this game.

11 hours ago, bs3 said:

But there has always been cheating in English football, from day one. Just different cheating. English cheating. Remember the old "professional foul"? What these pesky foreigners have done is imported their own dreadful, despicable, form of cheating, instead of adopting the local one.

13 hours ago, bs3 said:

Leeds Utd were changing the "integrity" of the game 50 years ago. 

Archived