IGNORED

Americanisms at Bristol City

A few weeks back I was in the states and watched the Manchester City v PSG match on Fox Sports, I had many a chuckle at some of the phrases they used within the commentary. Anyone who has heard American commentary will know what I mean. 

Tonight I was reading the tweets from our womens match against villa, and again had to chuckle. Does anyone else think that maybe an American is writing our tweets? 

Ps great win for the vixens, they are now top of the league 

20160428_210828.png

20160428_210845.png

20160428_210901.png

20160428_210917.png

20160428_210934.png

Went to Portsmouth last summer and followed a Yank around the Victory who was constantly talking about the women's world cup final. 

Me: She did not take a shot from the midfield, she took a shot from midfield! 

I never actually vocalised my irritation, just let it bottle up as the good Brit that I am. Although when he pointed at the plaque on the deck denoting where Nelson fell and had to ask the guide "Is that where Nelson fell?", I could have seriously damaged Anglo-American relations there and then.

Me: "No! We put the plague there as a ****ing joke!"

50 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Went to Portsmouth last summer and followed a Yank around the Victory who was constantly talking about the women's world cup final. 

I never actually vocalised my irritation, just let it bottle up as the good Brit that I am. Although when he pointed at the plaque on the deck denoting where Nelson fell and had to ask the guide "Is that where Nelson fell?", I could have seriously damaged Anglo-American relations there and then.

Should have told him about the grassy knoll

You haven't even mentioned the word Awesome!!! yet - living here I have to say coverage and commentary has improved immensely with NBCSN - Live games at 3pm on a Saturday and all the goals at half time and full time is pretty good

9 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

The plague is no joke....you break out in horrible boils.

Archived