IGNORED

That tomlin goal

Red Army 75

3 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It's a No from me, but do let me know when Tomlin's played at a World Cup and 60 times for his country and we can discuss further.

In the meantime, I'm very much hoping like you that he signs for us permanently. If he does, I'll be massively happy. 

Jacki was class no doubt. I think  Wat tomlin has shown since he's been here in a relegation fight has also been class . Maybe if tomlin was from Poland in the 80s and 90s he could of played for a shit Poland side . Let's hope he signs

What is amazing to me about Tomlin is not just that he so often is in the right place at the right time -- but also is such a team player really helping out in defence and being free to relieve the defence at crucial moments - it is extraordinary the amount of the pitch he covers -- especially for someone many of our own fans in the past -- and opposition fans especially - claim he is unfit -- just a different build but one of the fittest I would suggest -- and he is just class bringing others into the game. Just a guy who seems to love the art and grace of football - simple

9 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

Brilliant goal and he just won the goal of the day on Sky Sports goal express 

Good to hear - would certainly hope that he'll be up there for goal of the season as well.

It was a joy to watch him completely take the pi$$ for most of the second half. A highlight (other than the goal) being the little flick he did in the front of the central Dolman when the ball was out of play to stop the Huddersfield player picking it up for a throw - Tomlin was actually laughing out loud for about five minutes afterwards! All the more satisfying after their number 24 winding Bobby Reid up at the end if the first half by walking off with the ball by the Dolman/Atyeo corner.

His ability to control a high ball never ceases to amaze me either. The amount of times we've seen it from him already and yesterday in 2nd half there was one going up the left wing he managed to bring it down after coming over his shoulder. He makes it stick to his foot and on the turf - fantastic stuff.

His juggling and other antics will certainly bring extra bodies into the ground and get people off their seats

Also, when the players came back out for their walk around, it looked like he'd just been in the City Store and had a bag full of goodies.  

I joked that he just got his kit for next season.

Was good to see him and his boy enjoying that afterwards and was interacting well with other players - he looks settled if that counts for anything!

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Jacki was class no doubt. I think  Wat tomlin has shown since he's been here in a relegation fight has also been class . Maybe if tomlin was from Poland in the 80s and 90s he could of played for a shit Poland side . Let's hope he signs

They finished third at the 1982 World Cup - so not really a 'shit Poland side in the 80s....'

8 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Talking to his Mrs after the game and he really likes it here.  Has really bonded with the lads and he's not overly concerned about going back to the prem,  he's done it now and just wants to play football, not sit on the bench. 

Nice couple,  good luck for their upcoming wedding.:clapping:

Yes but can he say "babber" and "gert lush" yet? :D 

9 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Talking to his Mrs after the game and he really likes it here.  Has really bonded with the lads and he's not overly concerned about going back to the prem,  he's done it now and just wants to play football, not sit on the bench. 

Nice couple,  good luck for their upcoming wedding.:clapping:

it's always good to get the real story (from the mrs). He does seem to love it here. You can just tell, from his body language, his unselfishness on the pitch, his interviews - everything. In his post-match interview he said he's loved his time here. and we love him too! 

Best goal from a city player i've seen in all my 60 years a supporter .. Jet was good.. Noble was Skillful but TOMLIN is a Masterpiece.. He's worth More than JET and Nobes put together... SIGN HIM UP !!!!

I once asked SL why he signed Lee Trundle and he said he was a great player.. I suggested he was past it, too slow and was being played in the wrong position..  

There is NO WAY TOMLIN is slow or passed it so Mr Lansdown SIGN HIM UP !!!

17 hours ago, flipflopcity said:

Best goal from a city player i've seen in all my 60 years a supporter .. Jet was good.. Noble was Skillful but TOMLIN is a Masterpiece.. He's worth More than JET and Nobes put together... SIGN HIM UP !!!!

Woah steady there... I like Tomlin, but better than King Noble?!? :clapping:

Let's just chill eh!!?

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

It looked like a poor touch from the Atyeo..

As the ball came to him you could tell he was going to do something with the ball....little did I expect that.  I though he was gonna try and 'dink' it with the outside of his foot into the space behind their defence for someone to run onto.

Genius.

Archived