IGNORED

Flint gets player of the year

Bristol Rob

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I like Korey but he's missed ten games this season now and been nowhere near the player he was following his return from injury.

For me only Kodjia is a viable alternative player of the season to Flint, 100% availability and 20 goals is a superb effort.

I do agree with you and for me it was very close, Korey or Kodjia. I suppose I ultimately judged how Korey had made the step up and was impressed, as at times he was the steadying influence when those around him went missing, he was often left doing the job of two players. 

Kodjia was unknown, I had nothing to judge him against,  and at times he was just as frustrating (those offsides) as fantastic. I appreciate the title in question her was player of the season, not most improved player which is of course different, so perhaps I was wrong wanting to compare to be able to judge.

Don't think there's a lot between Flint, Kodjia and Smith.  Al have their pluses and all gave their minuses. 

Flint pluses: played virtually every minute, adapted well, oh and his goals.  Minuses: goals conceded as a unit

Kodjia pluses: goals, entertainment.  Minuses: selfishness

Smith pluses: tenacious, heartbeat of team.  Minuses: not been as influential in second half of season (think ankle has had a major effect)

So I think it all comes down to personal choice.

Who got YPOTY?

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Don't think there's a lot between Flint, Kodjia and Smith.  Al have their pluses and all gave their minuses. 

Flint pluses: played virtually every minute, adapted well, oh and his goals.  Minuses: goals conceded as a unit

Kodjia pluses: goals, entertainment.  Minuses: selfishness

Smith pluses: tenacious, heartbeat of team.  Minuses: not been as influential in second half of season (think ankle has had a major effect)

So I think it all comes down to personal choice.

Who got YPOTY?

Joe Bryan, again.

Just an observation but why is there an award each for supporters and disabled supporters? Aren't we all supporters regardless? 

Back on topic. Well done Flint but Smith and Kodjia are more deserving of the award. With the amount of batterings we've taken this season in our defeats a defender shouldn't be winning this. 

17 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

Just an observation but why is there an award each for supporters and disabled supporters? Aren't we all supporters regardless? 

Back on topic. Well done Flint but Smith and Kodjia are more deserving of the award. With the amount of batterings we've taken this season in our defeats a defender shouldn't be winning this. 

Good point,in any other situation pointing out people's disability is a no no

54 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

There are different supporters groups, the senior reds awards were also given out at the same time in the sports bar. 

Personally I'm amazed Kodjia didn't win this. He's the fourth top scorer in the division and the only strikers who've scored more cost £9m, £10m and £11m.

We're 11th in the table for goals scored, but 21st for goals conceded. Yet we've given the award to a defender. Whilst I accept Flint is only a part of a defensive unit, he has to take his share of responsibility for a poor defensive record.

I love Flint but he's won this based on personality and cult status, not ability on the pitch.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Personally I'm amazed Kodjia didn't win this. He's the fourth top scorer in the division and the only strikers who've scored more cost £9m, £10m and £11m.

We're 11th in the table for goals scored, but 21st for goals conceded. Yet we've given the award to a defender. Whilst I accept Flint is only a part of a defensive unit, he has to take his share of responsibility for a poor defensive record.

I love Flint but he's won this based on personality and cult status, not ability on the pitch.

Close thing but I voted for Flint…not because of any cult status but because he's been an ever present leader (til yesterday) throughout the rough and smooth this season. His form, in my opinion, has got better and better. We'll do well to retain him. Kodjia has also had a great season, I agree, impressive goals and a vast improvement in his tactical awareness. 

Find it totally unbelievable how anyone could vote Flint ahead of JK. Only Gray and McCormack have scored more league goals this season and they are both penalty takers, only 3 teams have conceded more goals than us and yet our supporters choose our centre half as player of the season !!!! 

You out couldn't make it up

Archived