IGNORED

(2nd) worst ref of the season?

redfieldred

Having watched Birmingham and Bolton away and then Leeds at home the candidates were stacking up. But then Rotherham at home  and unbelievably in a season of terrible refs a clear nailed on winner.  Who was your 2nd worst ref of this outstanding season? 

Mine is Birmingham away. An absolutely appalling penalty decision! Even the home fans were baffled. 

Dont forget the Birmingham home game when we had 1 stonewall penalty turned down and also 1 that could have been when tomlin was tripped.

We would have lost at Birmingham regardless of the ref as we were poor that day so my decision has to go to Bolton away with an absolutely horrendous decision to award them a penalty. Freeman also should have had 1 first half.

Ye Birmingham away terrible ref like u said  very dodgy pen to them and I think freeman got tripped and we got nothing. Also Rotherham home shocking . I actually thought the refereeing standard would be good in the championship. But I think it's so inconsistent. Been some real shockers this season 

Brighton away when Freeman was brought down & should have had a pen. Brentford away when we could have had 2 pens & they should have had 1. The level of refereeing has generally been quite poor

7 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Dont forget the Birmingham home game when we had 1 stonewall penalty turned down and also 1 that could have been when tomlin was tripped.

We would have lost at Birmingham regardless of the ref as we were poor that day so my decision has to go to Bolton away with an absolutely horrendous decision to award them a penalty. Freeman also should have had 1 first half.

That was indeed, a shocking decision.

Don't recall that ref being consistently bad through the game though. We only had ourselves top blame for not winning that game. Symptomatic of Cott's reign this season, dominating possession, but not taking chances. Seems LJ has put that right at least !

Rotherham at home - worst - probably the only game I've seen where I'd seriously question whether the ref had been 'bought'

I can understand wrong decisions as long as they're inconsistent for both sides.

Leeds at home - second worst

Yesterdays ref made some strange decisions, but fairly equally for both teams.  He did give the fans a smile when he obstructed their guy from a short taken set piece.

Archived