IGNORED

Our home record

Pearcy

Here's some interesting stats for you.

Under Cotts P13 W2 D5 L6 F16 A22 Pts11

Under Pembo/Wade P2 W1 D1 L0 F1 A0 Pts4

Under Johnson P8 W4 D1 L3 F19 A12 Pts13

So to break this down in 5 games less Johnson has won twice as many as Cotts (2 to 4),

Picked up two more points (11 to 13),

Scored 3 more goals (16 to 19)  (we've scored 17 in the last 5 home games, more then under Cotts in 13 home games)

(average goals scored under Cotts 1.23 per game, under Johnson 2.375 per game), 

Conceded 10 less (22 to 12) (average goals conceded under Cotts 1.69 per game, under Johnson 1.5 per game).

Kept the same number of clean sheets (2 to 2) Shout out to Pembo and Wade who were in charge of two home games and got two clean sheets as well.

Some interesting stats and shows how we've improved under Johnson.

Interesting.  

It's the sheer confidence that LJ has engendered into the team that is the biggest thing for me helped of course by the quality of Tomlin and Matthews.  Cotts continually talked down the team's chances ahead of games.  When the current team gets a goal ahead you always feel they can score more.

When can we start congratulating LJ on a very good job without slagging off the old manager? Not being harsh, but what does SC record demonstrate - that without Odemwingie, Matthews and last year's POTS in the whole division he did a lot worse? 

Cotts went at the right time; agree. But for christ's sake isn't it about time that we can say LJ has done extremely well without reference to SC?!!!

17 minutes ago, 29AR said:

When can we start congratulating LJ on a very good job without slagging off the old manager? Not being harsh, but what does SC record demonstrate - that without Odemwingie, Matthews and last year's POTS in the whole division he did a lot worse? 

Cotts went at the right time; agree. But for christ's sake isn't it about time that we can say LJ has done extremely well without reference to SC?!!!

It is human nature to compare one with the other. Can I just point out at no point have I slagged Cotts off, just stating facts.

15 minutes ago, Pearcy said:

It is human nature to compare one with the other. Can I just point out at no point have I slagged Cotts off, just stating facts.

Not aiming solely at you, you're not the first but certainly won't be the last. And to be fair the implication you seem to me to be after is look how bad SC was whereas look how good LJ is. I'd say LJ'S record, without any comparison or any benefit of comparison, makes good reading anyway so the comparison is unnecessary. 

I personally think it is about time we can congratulate LJ without reference, or any need to reference, to SC. 

18 hours ago, 29AR said:

Not aiming solely at you, you're not the first but certainly won't be the last. And to be fair the implication you seem to me to be after is look how bad SC was whereas look how good LJ is. I'd say LJ'S record, without any comparison or any benefit of comparison, makes good reading anyway so the comparison is unnecessary. 

I personally think it is about time we can congratulate LJ without reference, or any need to reference, to SC. 

Before you go any further with your assumption of what I'm implying can I just point out to you that I am a fan of Cott's and I didn't want Johnson at the club!!!! I merely posted this thread  because I thought people would find it interesting the change we've seen between the two managers. I have to say as well that with the performances I've seen Johnson is changing my opinion on him but I'm still not convinced he's the right man for the job.

Archived