IGNORED

Bryan and Reid

miketh2nd

I think they both deserve a special mention in a thread of their own . Before this season started I would if predicted Bryan to make the step up and Reid to be loaned out to league one. I'm so glad to be proven wrong.  

I think Bryan is wasted at LB you could see that from yesterday's game . He eye for a killer pass is good setting up Kodjia for at least for the First.  I think we will see him in a rotating formation just behind the striker and LW attack.  Rotating positions with  Reid and Tomlin or new player . 

I think in the last few months we have seen the true potential of Bobby Reid that we were never going to see under SC. His confidence has rose highly and from when he got games under Pembo , he has improved vastly I bet having Tomlin in the ranks has helped . 

Earlier in the season I had saw glimmers that he was one of few players that could read Kodjia s game . If he plays as he has done in recent games in pre season I wouldn't be suprised to see him start at the start of next season. 

Really good to see Bristol boys stepping up . With Bobby Reid I said he wasn't good enough for the championship. To lightweight to inconsistent. Get rid of him.But he has proved me wrong he's been outstanding since johnsons been here like a new player . I'm glad he's proved me wrong. Well done Bobby Reid 

I think Bobby has just been given the run of games he needed to establish himself. He's only ever been on the fringes, and so getting the chance to find the consistency to get the critics off his back and show what he can do hasn't been an option.

He's been given a run of games and it seems like he's thriving. Assists, goals and looking dangerous. He's a great passer and thinks very quickly which is exactly why he's working so well with other like minded players.

I'd love to see him and Joe hold down regular starting berths next season. Well done lads. 

11 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

I think Bobby has just been given the run of games he needed to establish himself. He's only ever been on the fringes, and so getting the chance to find the consistency to get the critics off his back and show what he can do hasn't been an option.

He's been given a run of games and it seems like he's thriving. Assists, goals and looking dangerous. He's a great passer and thinks very quickly which is exactly why he's working so well with other like minded players.

I'd love to see him and Joe hold down regular starting berths next season. Well done lads. 

I think you`re right. Also I really think he knew himself deep down that this season was make or break for him otherwise a career knocking around Cheltenham and Yeovil was all he had to look forward to if he didn`t take his chance now.

16 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think you`re right. Also I really think he knew himself deep down that this season was make or break for him otherwise a career knocking around Cheltenham and Yeovil was all he had to look forward to if he didn`t take his chance now.

True. He's played the bit-part role enough before that he's well past having a 'breakthrough' season, but this terms performances could well be his equivalent. Solid run of games returned with a solid run of performances. You cant ask more. 

He wouldn't still be here, or have been offered contracts through multiple managers if he didn't have something to offer. 

Look forward to next season with BR & JB supporting Tomlin and a fluent Kodjia! Potent. 

Looking at Reid, isn't it refreshing that you can still breakthrough at a slightly later age.  He seems to be having a make or break season each if the last 3 seasons.

First time I saw him was Rovers in the JPT....his potential was obvious.  could save us some £s in the summer

I think the big difference with Reid this season is he's finally stared to be able to put consistent performances together.  Previously we've seen flashes of what he could do but never over 90 minutes and especially over several games. The ability and talent has always been there, it seems the penny finally drop with him and we're starting to see his potential now, very similar to what happened to Bryan 12 months ago.

I like Reid because he's always looking for a attacking option, he speeds the game, has a good eye for where people are and he chips in with goals/assists (he hit the bar 3 times recently as well) so he looks like he could help out - remember earlier in the season how we complained that the midfield were not helping with goals/assists.

3 hours ago, Fiale said:

I like Reid because he's always looking for a attacking option, he speeds the game, has a good eye for where people are and he chips in with goals/assists (he hit the bar 3 times recently as well) so he looks like he could help out - remember earlier in the season how we complained that the midfield were not helping with goals/assists.

freeman cannot play down the middle at this level.  Cotts loyalty to him in this position cost us many points. Reid is far better at picking a pass. Freeman beats players (on his day) and can cross. 

This is unpopular as Smith appears to be beyond criticism on this site, but I think he is not great going forward and tends to keep the ball too long. Bryan when in for smith moves the ball quicker, 

8 hours ago, redfieldred said:

freeman cannot play down the middle at this level.  Cotts loyalty to him in this position cost us many points. Reid is far better at picking a pass. Freeman beats players (on his day) and can cross. 

This is unpopular as Smith appears to be beyond criticism on this site, but I think he is not great going forward and tends to keep the ball too long. Bryan when in for smith moves the ball quicker, 

All about opinions, the good thing is we have options and can mix and match in the midfield.  Nor will we need to run players into the ground.

Archived