IGNORED

The Other Striker?

Ray White

Tinman has already said on the official site that he will not be making a move for Tommy Mooney as he does not think he will be the right type of player for City.

So who will it be then?

He has said he is a big lad and there would be a fee involved. So he obviously wants someone to hold up the ball for Heffernan, a target man. I personally am completley in the dark on this one. Any ideas?

Steve Howard although that would take more money than we could afford. Please, please, please let it be Marcus Stewart. Seriously i have become obsessed with him signing for City. Tinman said it would happen in the next couple of days so we should all know soon.

if we were looking for a big, strong striker to play alongside a small quick one (heffernan) i would have though Mooney would be ideal - but obviously not.

How about the little guy who played for Hartlepool last season ?

But better still how about a striker with a bit of experience rather than spending more money on ANOTHER young, unproven striker ?

Haven't we learnt our lesson yet ?

Guest tommytank
if we were looking for a big, strong striker to play alongside a small quick one (heffernan) i would have though Mooney would be ideal - but obviously not.

How about the little guy who played for Hartlepool last season ?

But better still how about a striker with a bit of experience rather than spending more money on ANOTHER young, unproven striker ?

Haven't we learnt our lesson yet ?

?????????????? eh?

Big and strong, how about the little guy?

I was assuming that if Tinman thought that Mooney isnt the type of player we are looking for, then he wasnt after a big, strong experienced striker.

So i suggested a different sort of player.

But maybe he IS after a big-fella, but has some other reason for not rating Mooney...

We'll see.

Guest Champagne Football
I know froma reliable individual that the player concerned played in Division Three last season.
I figured out using my reliable mind that using data from your reliable source you think that the possibilities are that the target may well be Stephen Maclean or Matthew Tipton. These are both possibilities, but do not add up to the description that Tinnion gaves us on the official site.

We await for events to unfold...

I know froma reliable individual that the player concerned played in Division Three last season.

That being the case, anybody got a list of top scorers in Div.3 last season?

He's bound to be on there, shouldn't be too hard to whittle it down, unless being 'big' is his biggest attraction of course. :dunno:

Of course, said player may have only been on loan (likeMcClean) from a bigger club for a shortish time and not be on the list. :whistle:

Guest Redarmy Ant

How about that little known lad LEE MILLER. He fits the description well, big, strong, holds the ball up, and he would cost NOTHING at all! Maybe, before we start looking at a sixth first team striker, we should concentrate on securing the services of Brown, Hill, Carey etc. Our first priority is keeping the team together.

How about that little known lad LEE MILLER. He fits the description well, big, strong, holds the ball up, and he would cost NOTHING at all! Maybe, before we start looking at a sixth first team striker, we should concentrate on securing the services of Brown, Hill, Carey etc. Our first priority is keeping the team together.
I to thought about Lee Miller and why he hasn't been mentioned. He could do a job after settling in for a season so maybe he should be given a chance.

As for the contracts, I think Tinman has already done what he can with them and has to just sit back and wait for the players to come forward with thier decision.

MM

Why not use the money that would be used as a transfer fee and up Leapy's contract! He fits the bill specified at the top of the page to the letter: Big, strong, good at heading, holds the ball up well. He may not be a 25 goal a season man, but with him providing with his gorgeous flick on headers and passes, Heffernan could be a 30 goal a season man! Don't let him go! :whistle:

Archived