IGNORED

Four Four Two

AshtonGreat

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

This month's England at Euro 2016 special. On the cover, Sterling, Barkley and bloody Rooney. 'Time to show 'em what we're made of, lads!'

**** off.

Not a huge England fan to be fair, but if Woy is brave and goes with the younger players I think they could do well.

The problem is he won't !

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What's the problem? Normally we wait until after the tournament before turning on the national side.

Why wait for the inevitable? I know he's captain so kind of had to be featured on the cover, but I've had enough of the Rooney hype now. We've had it before the last four tournaments and he never delivers. And Sterling and Barkley are not good enough

I will back England of course, but we didn't win the Euros back in the 80s with far superior players - Shilton, Walker, Robson, Lineker, Gascoinge, Waddle, Hoddle etc we ain't going to do it with a past his best Rooney and some distinctly average players mixed with some untried if promising youngsters. We should concentrate on beating Wales otherwise Cardiff will have a new song when they visit us next season.

Well in the World Cup the great tactical magician had Sterling in the no.10 shirt and Rooney on the left wing so anything is possible. It will be interesting to see what he comes up with this time. For me Rooney is a 'maybe' and I would be quite happy to see the headless chicken that is Sterling left at home.

14 minutes ago, Super said:

Fed up with people going on about John Stones he isn't very good! Ok he might be in a few years but nowhere near ready for a major finals.

I don't think ANYONE is going on about John Stones at the moment, kid has talent but is woefully out of form and is Bambi on ice. Smalling and Cahill is the best bit this summer. 

14 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Why wait for the inevitable? I know he's captain so kind of had to be featured on the cover, but I've had enough of the Rooney hype now. We've had it before the last four tournaments and he never delivers. And Sterling and Barkley are not good enough

I'd say the anti-Rooney hype now outweighs the Rooney hype. It's almost become the default position to say Rooney is overrated.

From what I've seen there's been a lot more talk about Kane and Vardy this season than there has about Rooney.

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'd say the anti-Rooney hype now outweighs the Rooney hype. It's almost become the default position to say Rooney is overrated.

From what I've seen there's been a lot more talk about Kane and Vardy this season than there has about Rooney.

By the fans maybe, but you can't help thinking that the media have been waiting for Rooney to get fit again so they can roll out the usual 'Wayne will save us' nonsense. 

If I am honest there is only 3 teams I can confidently say are better than us going into the tournament - France, Spain and Germany.

Why the hell cant we at least get to the semi finals there are so many poor teams that have qualified IMO. 

You have the overrated Belgium who remind me of the golden generation, an aging Italy side who still rely on Buffon and Pirlo. Portugal have had some awful results in qualifying.

I just dont see why we cant go far this year.

33 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

By the fans maybe, but you can't help thinking that the media have been waiting for Rooney to get fit again so they can roll out the usual 'Wayne will save us' nonsense. 

I was talking about both the media and the fans. It's not as though the media haven't mentioned Jamie Vardy this season is it.

Archived