IGNORED

Bristol rugby FOOTBALL

Bristol Rob

13 minutes ago, cynic said:

Over 12k there today.

Couple of beer wagons outside the south stand plus BBQ.

Pics of supporters in their seats with their beer...

Sadly, can't see that happening at footie matches at the Gate.

Too many football fans still behave badly when "beered up" before a match. Goodness only knows what they'd be like if they could "top up" in the stands throughout a footie game.

I dislike the arrogance of many (not all) rugger fans, but most of them know how to drink responsibly and support their team without too much nastiness.. And...they're able to mingle and hold good humoured banter with opposing fans...

Its no wonder many decent families are stopping bringing their kids to the "beautiful game"!

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Fair shout playing Drink up thy zider at the end.

"...we're going down the Rec, to......"? Or,

"...we're going up to Gloster, to........"? Sort out Dr Foster?? Make mincemeat of their front row? To take the Shed??

19 minutes ago, Benjiman_LFC said:

People were up and down all afternoon in our row today to go and get beers. Very irritating. I'm glad football doesn't allow alcohol in the stands. Plenty of time before and after for that.

Well said, young man. People not fully engrossed in the game, we won't have that in football!

3 hours ago, cynic said:

Over 12k there today.

Couple of beer wagons outside the south stand plus BBQ.

Pics of supporters in their seats with their beer...

Don't tell me it was the best attended sports event in Bristol this weekend.

shorley shum mistake. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

I waz there.

jus got ome - bring on the final

me too. good day out, took the nipper (which I don't when it comes to City), good atmosphere right around the 3 occupied sides of the ground (no stands calling each other names), flags all around the ground too. Good weather always helps.

Section82 area looked empty :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Good day but really the atmosphere and sport itself is nothing compared to fottie

Nice to sit in the SS though and have a few pints during the match 

I wonder why that is.

I wonder if the final will have any effect on the build. Would think they want to start moving the pitch asap. Still, good on the boys and let's hope there is premiership rugby coming to the new ground! Would be good timing. Premier everything by 2020?? Yes please

24 minutes ago, mattjtsmith said:

I wonder if the final will have any effect on the build. Would think they want to start moving the pitch asap. Still, good on the boys and let's hope there is premiership rugby coming to the new ground! Would be good timing. Premier everything by 2020?? Yes please

I doubt it. I think they would have seen the final as being odds-on from day 1.

12 hours ago, Benjiman_LFC said:

People were up and down all afternoon in our row today to go and get beers. Very irritating. I'm glad football doesn't allow alcohol in the stands. Plenty of time before and after for that.

That's a long trip all the way from Liverpool. Good effort! 

11 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Good day but really the atmosphere and sport itself is nothing compared to fottie

Nice to sit in the SS though and have a few pints during the match 

Yes it's much more a social thing isn't it. People tend to drink and chat to each other and are interrupted by a try and then wave a flag and cheer. Sometimes it seems the rugby is secondary to what they are there for. They never jump to their feet or sing anything other that 'Bristol, Bristol'. They make a sound to urge their players on when they have a ruck which sounds like booing, this took me quite a while to get used to. There are no obvious away supporters, it seems they don't travel in numbers like football fans do. I'm hoping this might change if Bristol get to the Premiership. Totally different, not wrong, but very, very different.

47 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes it's much more a social thing isn't it. People tend to drink and chat to each other and are interrupted by a try and then wave a flag and cheer. Sometimes it seems the rugby is secondary to what they are there for. They never jump to their feet or sing anything other that 'Bristol, Bristol'. They make a sound to urge their players on when they have a ruck which sounds like booing, this took me quite a while to get used to. There are no obvious away supporters, it seems they don't travel in numbers like football fans do. I'm hoping this might change if Bristol get to the Premiership. Totally different, not wrong, but very, very different.

You need to go and watch rugby in Wales, mate, if you want to hear some singing...

That was a good atmosphere yesterday. The Barff fan next to me said that it was normally quite quiet at the Wreck and if Bris go up he might change allegiance as he lives in Bristol. A "plastic" convert?

The clackers (like a cardboard fan) put on every seat helped some to join in but I don't want them at football.

A good try a couple of times by some City fans at the back of the South Stand with "Ole, ole, etc". Wait until the Premiership away fans turn up in great numbers next season and you will hear good away support. Which may also spur on the Bris to get even more vocal.

Bring on Doncaster for the Final in front of probably a full house.

Archived