IGNORED

Another Stockhausen Howler

Chalkie

Looking at who we will be playing next season  http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-Burton-Robins-agenda-clinching/story-29245764-detail/story.html?

Stockhausen wrote 

At least City fans will not have to make the long trek to either Middlesbrough or Burnley next season

conveniently ignoring the fact that Newcastle is further than Boro and Norwich is further than Burnley. :facepalm:

How did he ever get a job? :whistle:

9 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

Looking at who we will be playing next season  http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-Burton-Robins-agenda-clinching/story-29245764-detail/story.html?

Stockhausen wrote 

conveniently ignoring the fact that Newcastle is further than Boro and Norwich is further than Burnley. :facepalm:

Well.. He's not wrong is he. We won't be going to those places. People very keen to knock him for just about anything as he's an easy target but I don't think, by his standards, this is that bad personally..

I found his apparent delight on Twitter in City fans' fustration about signing no one on January 31st or how he stirred up that Pembo sacking rumour a few weeks back far more annoying. 

6 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

Stockhausen wrote 

Wouldn't really classify that as a howler chief....he wasn't saying they are our longest trips, he just pointed out that two long trips have now gone...

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

he just pointed out that two long trips have now gone...

Yes, to be replaced by two even longer trips. Never mind, if you are happy with a poor journo writing about the club, so be it.

18 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

Yes, to be replaced by two even longer trips. Never mind, if you are happy with a poor journo writing about the club, so be it.

Your reply - bit of an over-reaction

Can't remember saying I am 'happy' with anything about his reporting....

Perhaps you're unhappy that no-one has agreed with your unfair OP?

yesterday I went to my late granddads house, there was a box full of medals from triathlons, half marathons, etc that he had competed. Among these there was an Evening Post article from one of the triathlons in the late 80s with a picture of him while cycling. The photograph hade him named as "Neil Ticksley". my granddads name was William (Bill) Picksley. Despite still being pretty bad, I'd argue that its currently better than that!

8 hours ago, Chalkie said:

I'm sure he's not a bad person,just a weak journalist-one of those people in life to tolerate.just be happy not to work WITH him on a daily basis!

10 hours ago, Chalkie said:

You've completely missed the point. Has Burnley and Boro not been promoted, we could have had four long trips rather than two. That's the point Stockhausen is making, and it's a valid one.

Seems like you are desperately trying to find a stick to beat Stockhausen with that isn't there. Frankly I don't understand the incessant need to discredit him at every opportunity.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You've completely missed the point. Has Burnley and Boro not been promoted, we could have had four long trips rather than two. That's the point Stockhausen is making, and it's a valid one.

Seems like you are desperately trying to find a stick to beat Stockhausen with that isn't there. Frankly I don't understand the incessant need to discredit him at every opportunity.

I do , it's not just AS though, there is a general ' dumbing down ' in our society .

However if you can't rely on the ' facts ' in a newspaper what purpose does it serve ? 

At the risk of joining Pedant's Anonymous……………Perhaps if Stockcar had written something along the lines of "At least City fans will not have to make the long trek to either Burnley or Middlesborough next season, however as the prospect of either Sunderland or Newcastle being relegated seems likely, there will not be much respite, as both places are even further away!  And as Burnley go up, Norwich are coming down, which in this case adds the prospect of a round trip of Eighty miles farther.    It might have made more sense…………….I'll get my coat.

Archived