IGNORED

Old football grounds / stadiums

Tipps69

I got 10/10, but old grounds really are my thing, I have been to 9 of them, never got to Plough Lane. I did get to most of the others on the thread too (great pics btw) apart from Bradford PA and Scarborough, I have been to Cathkin Park (Third Lanark) but just for a wander round, never saw a game there.

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I can't seem to post the link but on the Sky Sports App they have a quiz with pictures of old grounds / stadiums with multiple choice.

I scored 7/10.....

I got three and they were all guesses. I even got the one I had been to wrong!

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

Also, and this is the stadium nerd in me taking over the Bristol City fan in me. Obviously there's loads of photos of Ashton Gate and Eastville back in the day, but I don't think I've ever seen a pre-1998 photo of the Memorial Stadium. Would be interested to see if anyone knows, apparently they had distinctive original wooden stands, the last of which came back in the mid-90s.

I've wondered too why there don't seem to be older pics of The Mem about. I went there a few times in the 80s . and there was  a big old wooden stand where the west Stand (the cricket pavilion looking thing), and a old barrelled styled roof on a terrace (bit like the old one at Barnsley) where the centenary stand is now.

Anyone got pics of Ashton pre the Dolman Stand?

17 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

I've wondered too why there don't seem to be older pics of The Mem about. I went there a few times in the 80s . and there was  a big old wooden stand where the west Stand (the cricket pavilion looking thing), and a old barrelled styled roof on a terrace (bit like the old one at Barnsley) where the centenary stand is now.

Anyone got pics of Ashton pre the Dolman Stand?

Here's one you will appreciate!

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images63F9L1UL.jpg

Archived