IGNORED

Panama Papers

BarnzFM

If the corporate structure is that simple then no. I wouldn't worry.

From that sketchy, confused write up it looks like Lansdown is still the ultimate beneficial owner.  Also, we all know he's a non-dom that resides in Guernsey, wouldn't it be a bit more odd if the ultimate Holdco wasn't Guernsey registered?.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

If anything it`s the other way round - money from the offshore tax haven is ending up at our local sports clubs.

Exactly. But then where's the story anyway, because isn't the alternative from a Guernsey bank account? 

Appallingly written article with a fundamental lack of understanding of what could make an offshore entity suspicious.

Lansdown is the clear Ultimate Beneficial Owner and his source of wealth isn't exactly opaque. 

Complete non-article.

I spotted SL in  the Panama paper leak yesterday. My concern was the odd addresses in Brazil and Paraguay he was linked to. Looked them up on google maps, most odd.

The site has a note today to say the address data was wrong and has now been updated.  Now SL is only linked to Guernsey addresses.

Non story.

The real story is that Lansdown hides the millions of pounds made by the football club under his bed and counts it every night before going to sleep.

By day, his stash is guarded by an aggressive troll and Lansdown forces him to wear the purple/lime kit at all times (I may have made that bit up).

Looks like lazy uninformed "journalism" to me.

https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/nodes/10142981 shows Pula to be an intermediary of STI (G). 

An intermediary is defined as "A go-between for someone seeking an offshore corporation and an offshore service provider -- usually a law-firm or a middleman that asks an offshore service provider to create an offshore firm for a client."

If STI (G) was a shareholder of Pula Ltd, this would be shown as per an example at https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/nodes/10152535

Even as a Rovers fan I think it's a load of bollox. No evidence of anything other than a few registered companies.

I'd like to say ignore our fans who will go on about it. I hope they track everything to/from Dwane Sports in Jersey

11 hours ago, BarnzFM said:

Found this on The Bristol Cable, is it something we should worry/be angry about? 

https://thebristolcable.org/2016/05/panama-papers-bristol-city-f-c-rugby-club-and-flyers/

I'm angry that someone actually allowed this person to be a journalist, that said The Bristol Cable is a website of a bunch of bloggers so that is unfair on journalists

Complete non-story written by someone who clearly knows little about Bristol or Bristol Sports in general.

46 minutes ago, Hello said:

Even as a Rovers fan I think it's a load of bollox. No evidence of anything other than a few registered companies.

I'd like to say ignore our fans who will go on about it. I hope they track everything to/from Dwane Sports in Jersey

I imagine the new Rovers owners have an incredible simple corporate structure.  Probably just a single company with them all as equal shareholders, each holding one ordinary share.  I bet they pay as much tax as they possibly can. :robbored:

16 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

it would be interesting to know the difference in tax that he has to pay.

I believe Guernsey had a flat income tax rate of 20% compared to the 45% he'd be paying here. There will be a very big difference in what he pays.

There is also no inheritance tax.

Absolutely no problem with this. He is a Guernsey resident and should pay in line with this. Which I'm sure he does.

2 minutes ago, Son Of Nob said:

I believe Guernsey had a flat income tax rate of 20% compared to the 45% he'd be paying here. There will be a very big difference in what he pays.

There is also no inheritance tax.

Absolutely no problem with this. He is a Guernsey resident and should pay in line with this. Which I'm sure he does.

Same here. I don't have a problem with it at all. Can we all move to Guernsey…?

Bristol Sport and the sports clubs that it owns all employ loads of people, some very high earning, and they all pay tax.  Corporation tax is charged on PROFITS - and when have you heard of Bristol City or any of the sports clubs making a profit!  This is a non-story dreamed up by a bunch of lefty idiots who have no idea how the World works.  There is nothing to see here - so move on!

Archived