IGNORED

I don't think Marcus Rashford is too young for the Euro's

We don't need to bring on Andy Carroll. If we have to resort throwing it into the mixer then we can just stick one of the centre halfs up there. 

As for Rashford's inexperience, this is true but Owen, Rooney and Walcott barely had any caps between them prior to their respective tournaments. 

On 17 May 2016 at 08:52, NeilS said:

I don't think he will make the cut,because despite having so much talent and being the sort of player that can give us a win out of nothing, Roy doesn't take risks, which is why Defoe is not going, Rashford is a finisher, Defoe is a finisher, and the latter has seen and done it all, but not good enough for safe hands Roy. 

Wasn't Pele 16 or 17 when he debuted  for Brazil in the World Cup? Not a lot of 'experience' but in a way that's a good thing, Rashford is worth a punt before all that raw talent is coached out of him. 

That first paragraph doesn't make any sense. You say Roy 'doesn't take risks' by not taking Defoe, yet he's picked an unproven 18-year-old in Rashford instead of an experienced, proven goalscorer. Surely that's much more of a risk than picking Defoe?!

42 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Rashford will probably not make the final 23, and in my opinion if he was to pick Defoe it would have been a ballsy selection, so we are left with a front line that everyone expected = no surprises there. Of course the real test was to not take Rooney and put in someone like Rashford, Defoe, or even Carroll. I like Roy, and I trust him, but if we are gonna win anything we cannot be hampered by sentiment, we need a ruthless coach, not a 'Yes' man to the FA.

Agree with you on the Rooney situation! FWIW I would have taken Defoe, but if Hodgson selects Rashford for the 23 then that's a brave call. 

I feel the brave move would be playing two up front, Kane and Vardy, and leaving Rooney on the bench. It won't happen though.

2 hours ago, NeilS said:

Rashford will probably not make the final 23, and in my opinion if he was to pick Defoe it would have been a ballsy selection, so we are left with a front line that everyone expected = no surprises there. Of course the real test was to not take Rooney and put in someone like Rashford, Defoe, or even Carroll. I like Roy, and I trust him, but if we are gonna win anything we cannot be hampered by sentiment, we need a ruthless coach, not a 'Yes' man to the FA.

rooney can play in a number of postions, he can lead the line (i hope not) he can play across the midfield and he can even play as a holding midfielder, that's why he will go and prob start,

I think the 3 players that will be left out will be rashford, delph, and wilshire imo but we have to wait and see,

2 hours ago, NeilS said:

Hope Wilshire goes, he is top notch running at defences...but injury prone, agreed, Rashford will probably miss out, even though last night he shone in a drab first half, Deplh has pace, but still inexperienced, and does get caught out. OK! I can't have Defoe, but I would like Rashford, he could be the Joker in the pack. Rooney will play a deep lying role I reckon, as he is currently, plus with the odd goal in him, it is a difficult one, but we do look better going forward without him.

wilshire is a good player but doesn't deserve to go, he has missed all season and is no where near match fit, Dele Ali is a better midfielder currently and would fill in for wilshires role in the side,

Archived