IGNORED

Thinking caps on...

An easy one, but I can't be bothered to look it up!

Which teams have never been out of the Football League? By this I mean, never been part of the Premier League since it's formation or relegated from the basement division (ever).

We're obviously on that list, but who else and are we one of the few/only current Championship teams to be on the list?

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

The question actually said "or relegated from the basement division (ever)".  Technically speaking, Burton meet the criteria...

The question actually said never been in the premier league or relegated out the basement, which Burton fit, but they have been out the football league during that time. So a potential grey area.

How about AFC Wimbledon? Not fitting the championship part, but if Burton count so do they (for the wider question)

6 hours ago, City169 said:

The question actually said never been in the premier league or relegated out the basement, which Burton fit, but they have been out the football league during that time. So a potential grey area.

How about AFC Wimbledon? Not fitting the championship part, but if Burton count so do they (for the wider question)

and they were in the premiership

8 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Very grey area....Officially I believe MK are the Pheonix club as all honours were passed over to AFC a few years ago, including the FA Cup win in 88

I believe that's true, but also I believe officially AFC Wimbledon formation was 2002 and they started in their county league for 2003-4, their first season.

I know they are recorded as the youngest club in the football league and are recorded as the first club formed in the 21st century to make it into the league

3 minutes ago, City169 said:

I believe that's true, but also I believe officially AFC Wimbledon formation was 2002 and they started in their county league for 2003-4, their first season.

I know they are recorded as the youngest club in the football league and are recorded as the first club formed in the 21st century to make it into the league

So they're both on and off this list....which means that there's one thing we can probably all agree on.....MK Dons ruined football!!!!

9 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

So they're both on and off this list....which means that there's one thing we can probably all agree on.....MK Dons ruined football!!!!

They did.  But the majority of the blame lies with the FA.

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

They did.  But the majority of the blame lies with the FA.

Not so much...there was no legal precedent to block it, and it went to an independent committee  to decide and final and binding decision (can guarantee Winkleman would've taken it to CAS if blocked by the FA.)  The FL & FA both objected and I guess they assumed the panel would side with them, but it went the wrong way.

Archived