IGNORED

Who will be our "Cup Final" next season?

Jack Dawe

Do you reckon Villa will limit our allocation or will we get as many as we want? I could honestly see us taking 7-8k if we were permitted to. Assuming Villa Park is nowhere near full next year, would they allow us that many?

If not I guess those that miss out will just POTD in the home end.

3 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Yes.

By natural selection.

Anyone who can actually work their way through the Bristol Sport online ticket purchase maze is a superior being and is welcome to as many tickets as they want.

Are you not going then Cyril.

No one. Every game is worth the same amount of points until it's about leapfrogging a team or something along those lines. **** the bigger sides. Three points against Newcastle is just as good as three against Burton.

Definitely Villa for me, first ground I ever went to so can't wait to go back. My dad and grandad took me when I was 7 or 8 (so late 70s), poor game on a wet and windy afternoon but I was well and truly hooked. Will never forget the feeling of seeing the pitch under the lights for the first time

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Doubt it, Villa only give 2,972 places to away fans...

Yeh, and they don't offer away fans any more even the home attendance is low. Cant imagine that will change in the Championship. Away tickets for that one will be like gold dust! Home end it is then...Which should be easy enough for me as my uncle is a Villa fan and registered on their database! :)

45 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Yeh, and they don't offer away fans any more even the home attendance is low. Cant imagine that will change in the Championship. Away tickets for that one will be like gold dust! Home end it is then...Which should be easy enough for me as my uncle is a Villa fan and registered on their database! :)

That's handy to know. Do u think you're uncle could get maybe a few thousand tickets 

3 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

I reckon a few thousand folks from Bristol might just be registering on their database after reading this.

I'd love to go, but not being a season ticket holder, that looks impossible unless I sit with the Villa fans.   Are they likely to take offence if I start cheering for City?

Looking on the Villa website they are allocating the same sections in the Doug Ellis stand for away fans as they have been in the Premiership so approx 3000.

This doesn't look like it will change as they are selling season tickets to home fans in the Doug Ellis and North stands next to the away fans.

They're will be one hell of a scramble for tickets

3 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

It could change in the Championship. Their attendances will be even lower and they will need the money more than they used to.

If they really limited it, I anticipate thousands of POTD City fans in the home ends. They will probably anticipate that and may change their approach accordingly.

Villa is a piece of piss to buy in the home ends. They weren't selling out even when playing the PL big boys.

Looks like that'll be the one to be at. I just hope it doesn't turn into a repeat of the trip to Newcastle a few years back, where a good few on here were carrying on like fans of a non-league outfit on a day trip to the big city in the build-up to it.  

18 minutes ago, cynic said:

Bit of a miserly allocation given the size of their stadium...

Not really. It's in line with Premier League away allocation rules: 3,000, or 10% of capacity, whichever is lower. So Man Utd only offer 3,000 despite having 76,000 capacity.

Whether they maintain the same policy next year remains to be seen.

17 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It could change in the Championship. Their attendances will be even lower and they will need the money more than they used to.

If they really limited it, I anticipate thousands of POTD City fans in the home ends. They will probably anticipate that and may change their approach accordingly.

Believe me, there would always be plenty of plastic Mancs/scousers scattered around the home ends at Villa Park when they played the big clubs, so I doubt they are concerned about us.

Archived