IGNORED

No More Parking Probs at AG

handsofclay

Exciting news that the car hire firm Uber are to invest heavily in the new driverless cars. They believe it will spell the end of car ownership as whenever one needs a car one just phones Uber and within five minutes a driverless car turns up at the location one has specified and takes their cargo to the destination specified. This will mean an end to car parking probs in and around AG, City fans will simply be dropped off just outside the ground and then five mins before the end of each game phone Uber and a car will turn up to take one home. 

In light of this exciting new development, it might be beneficial for spectators if two boards are held up near the end of each match, one to say how much time the ref is adding on and another to indicate when there are 5 mins left, including added time, to enable fans to make their calls to Uber. A special board could be held up when there are 15 mins left for those in the Dolman Stand. The only problem I can foresee is there will be a mass of driverless cars heading for AG at the same time and there are bound to be a few who get in the wrong car and subsequently end up at another City fan's home miles away as they will be unable to reason with the driver coz there isn't one. Also, and I don't know if this is true, driverless cars run over Millwall fans as a default as they try to replicate the normal driving of a competent, sane individual so as to make passengers feel relaxed.

Apart from this I think this is a brilliant idea and is so 21st century and will fit in perfectly with our new modern state of the art stadium.

• Admin
42 minutes ago, solihull cider red said:

As far as I'm concerned that's the perfect excuse to kill a few hours in a pub

(Night games might be a bit of an issue)

Great thinking - sorry luv, couldn't get home any earlier this was the first train :bounce::dancing6::bounce::dancing6::bounce::dancing6:

2 hours ago, handsofclay1909 said:

Exciting news that the car hire firm Uber are to invest heavily in the new driverless cars. They believe it will spell the end of car ownership as whenever one needs a car one just phones Uber and within five minutes a driverless car turns up at the location one has specified and takes their cargo to the destination specified. This will mean an end to car parking probs in and around AG, City fans will simply be dropped off just outside the ground and then five mins before the end of each game phone Uber and a car will turn up to take one home. 

In light of this exciting new development, it might be beneficial for spectators if two boards are held up near the end of each match, one to say how much time the ref is adding on and another to indicate when there are 5 mins left, including added time, to enable fans to make their calls to Uber. A special board could be held up when there are 15 mins left for those in the Dolman Stand. The only problem I can foresee is there will be a mass of driverless cars heading for AG at the same time and there are bound to be a few who get in the wrong car and subsequently end up at another City fan's home miles away as they will be unable to reason with the driver coz there isn't one. Also, and I don't know if this is true, driverless cars run over Millwall fans as a default as they try to replicate the normal driving of a competent, sane individual so as to make passengers feel relaxed.

Apart from this I think this is a brilliant idea and is so 21st century and will fit in perfectly with our new modern state of the art stadium.

Will this not see a swathe of ' Driverless Cars ' on our roads ?

3 hours ago, Calculus said:

Driverless cars? Bah! The answer to all our transport problems is teleporting. 

Teleporting could even transform football - imagine Flint hoofing the hall upfield and being there to head it when it arrived. 

not  a bad idea....however if we had time travel we could transport ourselves to the end of the season, look at what games we lost and when we got back, planned something else for that day. It would save us ££££££'s

4 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

not  a bad idea....however if we had time travel we could transport ourselves to the end of the season, look at what games we lost and when we got back, planned something else for that day. It would save us ££££££'s

I'm sending this quote to the end of the season, perhaps you will go with it.

8 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

If you do, how did we get on away at Villa? I fancy a bet on us so could do with knowing.

4 minutes ago, Stephen Lewis said:

I'm sending this quote to the end of the season, perhaps you will go with it.

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

4 years ;)

Won't happen and even if they build the station it won't be in use on match days, the line simply doesn't have the capacity 

41 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Won't happen and even if they build the station it won't be in use on match days, the line simply doesn't have the capacity 

Although I assume Parson Street will continue to be open on matchdays, which will benefit from increased service provision from a reopened Portishead branch line. 

8 hours ago, Tomarse said:

that's what we are looking at, at the moment, I'm down there tomorrow doing a cabling survey,

The current plan is to remove the existing platform and moving it down the track about 600m, I believe they want to look at running a half hourly train like the severn beach line but we are still carrying out surveys,

I can keep you informed when I hear/do things (and stuff I can say)

17 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I'll just use the train when Ashton Gate Station opens

Surely it's more likely to be heavy lift drone aircraft dressed up as pigs?

Will the Uber driverless car system mean that the number of double parked cars manned by sour faced women will decrease in ashton gate rd at 5.50pm on match days? Or will the number of waiting Uber cars and fans desperate to identify their ride home make crossing the road even more dangerous than it is now? Perhaps a projection of their own sour faced spouse onto the car's driverless driver-side window would solve a problem and maintain tradition in one easy stroke? 

7 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

That's cheating

You`re absolutely right. The goal would be disallowed as Flint would have left the pitch and not sought the referee`s permission to re-enter the field of play. Admirable foresight from the rule makers there to anticipate this scenario and deal with it.:clap:

Bad news, there will still be parking probs at AG for quite some time to come on matchdays coz there has now been the first death caused by a driverless car. A driverless car was changing lanes in the US when it was in collision with a truck. The computer driving the car failed to recognise the truck because it was white and the sun was shining on it. The 40 year old non driver was killed, but the auto pilot computer survived unharmed...although it will probably claim a whiplash injury on the insurance. The truck driver also escaped unharmed.

I would now be very cautious about riding in one of these things to any matches at AG, especially if the sun is making an appearance or two and we are playing a team that travels to the match in a coach with white livery. We will be having to request from supporters of sides visiting AG to supply pics of their coach in advance. This has now got rather messy and I no longer wish to be associated with promoting this technology.

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I live in South Glos and usually get the bus. Never a problem and £6.50 to use as many buses as I like. Obviously that doesn't work for everyone and i'm not a tree hugger but I do think more people travel by car to AG than really need to.

For years travelled up from WSM, with the group tickets nowadays works out very cheap - agree I know of many that meet me in off the train then I'll see them back in WSM later in the evening, but continure to drive.

Obviously for many it is an essential thing, but equally maybe Bristol Sport should have been in touch with First Group to get services laid on that are of use to supporters.

One thing that bugs me, is part of the Ashton Vale deal was that the club would put on numerous buses etc to get people to and from the ground, but as we have stayed put this seems to have been dropped

Archived