IGNORED

22 v 11 Thought it was interesting (and funny)

Fiale

48 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Brilliant! love the way they line up two defensive walls against free kicks, and both are equally useless! Any one know what language it is and able to translate the comments that make everyone laugh?!

Norwegian I think...I heard "well done keeper no. 2" which in itself made me laugh.

Interesting concept, they couldn't even organise for a penalty!

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Brilliant! love the way they line up two defensive walls against free kicks, and both are equally useless! Any one know what language it is and able to translate the comments that make everyone laugh?!

Quite sure it's Norwegian and that the professional team plays in the top division  in Norway. 

Fantastic days the FA Cup Final. It seemed like a whole day of football and the only live game apart from the Home Internationals normally played on a Wednesday afternoon.

First final I saw on telly, at a mate's house, was 1956 when Bert Trautman received his "broken neck" and played on. We got a telly for 1958 final when Nat Lofthouse's Bolton beat Man U 2-0 with Nat scoring 2.

The only final I was at Wembley for was 1972 Leeds v Arsenal. We had a coach up to the ABA boxing finals, to see local lad Malcom Jones, taking place on the Friday night before the Cup Final. When we met in the pub, due to someone unable to make it, I got a spare Cup Final ticket that a group had already booked for. How fortunate except for the grotty digs we stayed in Sheppards Bush. Slept with my Cup Final ticket in my underpants just in case. Alan Clarke scored the only goal for Leeds.

Haven't seen a final for quite a few years now and have trouble even knowing who plays. Certainly the majic has gone out of the cup for me. Should be last game of the season, 5.30. kick off time is OK I suppose but feel a bit of appeal could be brought back if the winners secured a European cup place, or whatever it is called these days. Which should also go back to the straight knock out format.

9 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Fantastic days the FA Cup Final. It seemed like a whole day of football and the only live game apart from the Home Internationals normally played on a Wednesday afternoon.

First final I saw on telly, at a mate's house, was 1956 when Bert Trautman received his "broken neck" and played on. We got a telly for 1958 final when Nat Lofthouse's Bolton beat Man U 2-0 with Nat scoring 2.

The only final I was at Wembley for was 1972 Leeds v Arsenal. We had a coach up to the ABA boxing finals, to see local lad Malcom Jones, taking place on the Friday night before the Cup Final. When we met in the pub, due to someone unable to make it, I got a spare Cup Final ticket that a group had already booked for. How fortunate except for the grotty digs we stayed in Sheppards Bush. Slept with my Cup Final ticket in my underpants just in case. Alan Clarke scored the only goal for Leeds.

Haven't seen a final for quite a few years now and have trouble even knowing who plays. Certainly the majic has gone out of the cup for me. Should be last game of the season, 5.30. kick off time is OK I suppose but feel a bit of appeal could be brought back if the winners secured a European cup place, or whatever it is called these days. Which should also go back to the straight knock out format.

Oooops wrong thread should be Cup Final one ##!!??***

Archived