IGNORED

Bristol Rugby Football tonight

crusader

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I read with interest some of the ungrateful comments by some of the rugger buggerers, hankering for the good old days and for the game to be at some place in Whorefield FFS, ungrateful ******s.

General consensus on the below thread seems to be in favour. Feel nostalgic about the standing/atmosphere of the Mem but prefer the facilities and (importantly) the welcoming nature of City fans at Ashton Gate.

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s100.htm?102,15658533

2 minutes ago, Ian M said:

General consensus on the below thread seems to be in favour. Feel nostalgic about the standing/atmosphere of the Mem but prefer the facilities and (importantly) the welcoming nature of City fans at Ashton Gate.

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s100.htm?102,15658533

The quotes I read were in the evil post.

• Admin
51 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I believe we also score some sponsored big screens at the Gate if they get through tonight, so come on Bristol!

4 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

Are big screens a requirement in Premiership Rugby, it'll be good if they are.

Oh boy, here we go AGAIN 

• Admin
45 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

When I say quotes I actually meant comments at the end of the piece.

It can't be that many then as I've just searched "all" the comments (most articles have 0) on the last 3 pages of Bristol Rugby stories on the Post website and could not find any disparaging remarks. In defence of that view though, I'm sure 6 or 7k in the Mem produced a better atmosphere than that number inside AG so if tonight goes to plan they hopefully won't have that problem next season as Premiership Rugby will undoubtedly lead to extra crowds.

As a Bristolian exile it seems really good to have Bristol and City at the same ground - somehow feels very right. Bristolians together.  Will be glued to Sky tonight. 

The Promised Land in touching distance for Bristol, and for City soon (PLEASE!)

36 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Here I am finding myself interested in the rugby team, in a way I never used to be. And here we are talking about Bristol again as if they are our own, in a way we never used to.

Maybe, just maybe, the Bristol Sport thing is working.....

It's sort of just sneaking up on us, isn't it?

I kinda like it though.

Archived