IGNORED

any one heading for Sunderland for England v Australia

Yes. Flying from Heathrow to Newcastle after work this evening, and working out of my firm's Newcastle office tomorrow. Then a short metro ride down to the Stadium of Light tomorrow evening.

Looking forward to it. It's good to see some England games on the road again (although I thought the atmosphere at the Etihad on Sunday was as bad as most games at Wembley). 

46 minutes ago, Claude said:

Me and the old man are going. Driving up and back, going to be a loooong night!
Ground 86/92 for me though.

Out of interest how do you calculate your 92 now with promotion and relegation to the Conference? Do you replace the relegated teams with the promoted team and thus you lose one of the 92 (if you have already done it)

32 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Read recently about someone who had to do 120 to do 92.

and what happens when a team moves grounds? Do you have to go back and do them again?

I've only done 37 different grounds but on that list are the likes of Hereford and Chester. Also I've done some teams at several different grounds, The Gas, Bolton and Reading for instance and I've done some at their old grounds but not the new ones Walsall, Cardiff and Brighton. So in essence I'm not sure how many I should be counting towards my 92. Its all very confusing :unsure:

9 hours ago, Big C said:

Out of interest how do you calculate your 92 now with promotion and relegation to the Conference? Do you replace the relegated teams with the promoted team and thus you lose one of the 92 (if you have already done it)

I calculate it by the current 92 football league teams. As Dagenham and Redbridge have been relegated I lose a ground but I've already been to Cheltenham so it goes back up. Will be losing west ham as they have a new ground. Also need to do another as Grimsby have won promotion. Hoping to finish by the end of next season. I've done just under 100 grounds but the likes of FGR don't count because they are not a football league team. 

Will review the grounds I need to complete when the play offs are over! 

7 hours ago, Big C said:

and what happens when a team moves grounds? Do you have to go back and do them again?

I've only done 37 different grounds but on that list are the likes of Hereford and Chester. Also I've done some teams at several different grounds, The Gas, Bolton and Reading for instance and I've done some at their old grounds but not the new ones Walsall, Cardiff and Brighton. So in essence I'm not sure how many I should be counting towards my 92. Its all very confusing :unsure:

It's normally the current 92. For example, you are on 30 grounds. However West Ham are moving ground so you've actually been to 29 as they have a new ground. 

But many others I've spoken to keep counting the grounds even if they've moved grounds. One guy I've spoken to before had been to 130ish ground (can't remember the exact number) but 88 football league grounds due to dropping out of the football league, changing grounds etc. 

9 hours ago, Claude said:

It's normally the current 92. For example, you are on 30 grounds. However West Ham are moving ground so you've actually been to 29 as they have a new ground. 

But many others I've spoken to keep counting the grounds even if they've moved grounds. One guy I've spoken to before had been to 130ish ground (can't remember the exact number) but 88 football league grounds due to dropping out of the football league, changing grounds etc. 

Thanks, :thumbsup:. After asking the question and being bored in work I actually goggled it and there are rules on it that back you up . I also found a site that you can put your games you've been into and they keep a track for you.

• Admin
23 hours ago, North London Red said:

It's good to see some England games on the road again (although I thought the atmosphere at the Etihad on Sunday was as bad as most games at Wembley). 

Sadly more to do with clashing with the FA Cup final last weekend and the play offs this weekend

Archived