IGNORED

Portsmouth FC - Pre Season game now confirmed

redpole

27 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I would rather stick with Pompey than those two, Pompey are still a bigger club than either of those, neither of them would average 18,000 in league 2.

pompy are nowhere near as big as southampton

Surprised about this choice of game, I always thought the two clubs didn't like each other much. Only went there once, in the 80's and remember having lumps of concrete thrown at us and there was a lot of trouble. Yes I know things have changed, but hope it won't be more trouble than it's worth. They certainly wouldn't be on my list of clubs we got on with.

11 minutes ago, RedM said:

Surprised about this choice of game, I always thought the two clubs didn't like each other much. Only went there once, in the 80's and remember having lumps of concrete thrown at us and there was a lot of trouble. Yes I know things have changed, but hope it won't be more trouble than it's worth. They certainly wouldn't be on my list of clubs we got on with.

Really? We are forever grateful to them for taking Tiny Penis from us.

• Admin

"Although a number of high-profile teams were prepared to make themselves available for the grand opening of the revamped stadium, City officials opted for less glamorous opponents to guard against mass disappointment should building work be delayed and the match cancelled at short notice"

More bollocks no doubt

19 minutes ago, RedM said:

Interesting. I wasn't aware of any particular animosity between us and them, but thinking back to when we beat them at their place in the late 90s the atmosphere seemed quite tense. One of their fans screamed "You lucky c***s" at me and my wife when they walked past us as we were heading back to the car after the game - not a big deal really but not something we'd experienced before or since. Also wasn't there trouble before/after the game that ended 3-3 at AG in the Jacki/Cole era?

7 minutes ago, Offside said:

Interesting. I wasn't aware of any particular animosity between us and them, but thinking back to when we beat them at their place in the late 90s the atmosphere seemed quite tense. One of their fans screamed "You lucky c***s" at me and my wife when they walked past us as we were heading back to the car after the game - not a big deal really but not something we'd experienced before or since. Also wasn't there trouble before/after the game that ended 3-3 at AG in the Jacki/Cole era?

Certainly was before, all kicking off in the dolman about 2.45 I remember.

3 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Pathetic, if true !

I would have at least hoped they had perhaps a Prem team lined up for this; and had it organised some while ago.

Premier league teams are all in america/china/Thailand selling their 'brand' to their legions of plastics.

Why the **** would they want to come to Bristol city, there is nothing in it for them. 

4 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Premier league teams are all in america/china/Thailand selling their 'brand' to their legions of plastics.

Why the **** would they want to come to Bristol city, there is nothing in it for them. 

Or Oxford, in Leicester's case!

• Admin
32 minutes ago, phantom said:

"Although a number of high-profile teams were prepared to make themselves available for the grand opening of the revamped stadium, City officials opted for less glamorous opponents to guard against mass disappointment should building work be delayed and the match cancelled at short notice"

More bollocks no doubt

7 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

The Post are saying that City got offers from Prem teams, but chose Pompey in case they have the cancel the game because the stadium isn't ready.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Portsmouth-play-Bristol-City-grand-opening-new/story-29323532-detail/story.html

Stockhausen syndrome - fabricate a story...... there has been plenty already since the end of the season

42 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

The Post are saying that City got offers from Prem teams, but chose Pompey in case they have the cancel the game because the stadium isn't ready.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Portsmouth-play-Bristol-City-grand-opening-new/story-29323532-detail/story.html

post is talking bollocks, we'd just have the 3 stands open, friendly games are not a big draw regardless

1 hour ago, phantom said:

More bollocks no doubt

That's just a tad insulting to Portsmouth i find .

We can cancel you when we want as you are not a big glamourous club .

Be funny if they cancelled US ! 

5 hours ago, Offside said:

Amazed at that choice. Some history there between fans. Never been adverse to entering the home stands.

May be they think Millwall will win the Play-Offs and want to test security. 

Nuts if you ask me. ... but there we go. 

10 hours ago, Offside said:

One of their fans screamed "You lucky c***s" at me and my wife when they walked past us as we were heading back to the car after the game

Have you considered that he really, really liked your car?

32 minutes ago, leader said:

bristol city fans get on with pompeys 657 lads have done for years there welcome to our place and they will be in the lions aswell goes back to the england days

is that all they'll bring? 657 isn't many for a day trip to the capital of the West Country. 

• Admin
3 hours ago, leader said:

bristol city fans get on with pompeys 657 lads have done for years there welcome to our place and they will be in the lions aswell goes back to the england days

Remember meeting a few of them up the Lions, were decent blokes.

Can remember meeting them down there as well - not many away (home) supporters are so welcoming to City fans

Archived