IGNORED

Congrats Tom Heaton

BS3_RED

• Admin
5 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

Always made me laugh when some people tried to blame that god awful season's defensive frailties on Heaton. Some even went as far to say that Basso was a better keeper! Laughable! 

That season was the making of Heaton, we were so poor defensively that every game was just a huge training session for him. 

The point I was trying to make yesterday was that the football people at City totally failed to see and appreciate that in Heaton they had a future England player on their books.

Hopefully now we have people who know what they are doing from a football point of view.

16 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

Always made me laugh when some people tried to blame that god awful season's defensive frailties on Heaton. Some even went as far to say that Basso was a better keeper! Laughable! 

I agree mate. Some fans have not got a scoobie

12 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

So Basso was better than Myhill, Speroni and Hennessey. Basso made far too many mistakes for me

That season yes, I don't recall many mistakes, examples? Four four two had him as the highest ranked keeper in the top 50 football league that year as well (13th)

Heaton wasn't that great here. Overrated but has massively improved since. 

Archived