IGNORED

The Academy KFC lunch

Lord Northski

Anyone ever surprised that upon entering the Kentucky Fried Chicken next to the ground on a weekday lunch time, it's not unusual to see the entire City academy having lunch there. Everyone needs lunch, and chicken is pretty healthy on its own. But I'm led to believe that deep fried chicken, chips and a coke ain't the lunch of champions, more the lunch of white van man with a paunch etc. Perhaps if our academy is no more than a day centre for feral youth then such a low regard for nutrition is just bordering on acceptable. But if City are trying to hone the best talent in the area into tomorrow's Premiership elite then it doesn't look impressive. Perhaps it's that 90% of the intake at best, are never likely to make it; allowing the young people a bit of relaxed social time and a bag of chips isn't going to do them any harm and it's good that they do normal stuff like everyone else. Or, does it show that City have a long way to go before we become the club we'd like to eventually be, where everything possible is done to ensure that these young players go as far in the game as they can, and we, as a club, get best value from our investment in them.

Yes, Nomad is absolutely right. They are Community Trust and not City Academy lads. If they are Academy players it would have Academy printed underneath the badge of their tracksuit tops. If they are Bristol City Community Trust they wear the same tracksuit that you can buy in the shop. Enjoy your boneless banquet. 

1 hour ago, Lord Northski said:

Anyone ever surprised that upon entering the Kentucky Fried Chicken next to the ground on a weekday lunch time, it's not unusual to see the entire City academy having lunch there. Everyone needs lunch, and chicken is pretty healthy on its own. But I'm led to believe that deep fried chicken, chips and a coke ain't the lunch of champions, more the lunch of white van man with a paunch etc. Perhaps if our academy is no more than a day centre for feral youth then such a low regard for nutrition is just bordering on acceptable. But if City are trying to hone the best talent in the area into tomorrow's Premiership elite then it doesn't look impressive. Perhaps it's that 90% of the intake at best, are never likely to make it; allowing the young people a bit of relaxed social time and a bag of chips isn't going to do them any harm and it's good that they do normal stuff like everyone else. Or, does it show that City have a long way to go before we become the club we'd like to eventually be, where everything possible is done to ensure that these young players go as far in the game as they can, and we, as a club, get best value from our investment in them.

This rather implies that you go to KFC for lunch every day , tut tut.

After the MK Dons home game, I saw McFadzean, Baker and Forster-Caskey return to their car (in the Wickes car park strangely enough) with 3 boxes of KFC.  Lucky Samir Curruthers wasn't there to piss on their chips....literally.

3 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

3 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

Reminds me of a bloke that I once knew who said "ere, you must be a right piss artist, everytime I see you you're in the pub"

Off at a tangent, there was a qualifying tournament here for beach volleyball at the London Olympics:  I was watching it from the adjacent bar.  A lad came in, in full kit, and ordered a rum and coke.  I asked him how he had got on, and was surprised at the response of "Oh, I am up in 20 minutes."  Nice little loosener and good to see him taking it so seriously.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Forget which game it was.but came out from Ashton Gate after the game and the away team coach was parked outside the players entrance.with a pile of Domino's boxes about four feet high.

This is the norm for a lot of teams. I know somebody who used to be a physio for Torquay and he always had to ring the local dominos wherever they were playing and get the pizza's delivered to the team coach. The idea behind it is just to get some carbohydrates back into the body as soon as possible after the match.

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

Forget which game it was.but came out from Ashton Gate after the game and the away team coach was parked outside the players entrance.with a pile of Domino's boxes about four feet high.

Leicester won the premiership on pizzas. I like to think that Ranieri took them to a decent pizzeria and they didn't have to eat the shite that Domino's serve up though.

2 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Leicester won the premiership on pizzas. I like to think that Ranieri took them to a decent pizzeria and they didn't have to eat the shite that Domino's serve up though.

Papa John's. Knocks the socks off Domino's and Pizza Hut.

10 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

How would the entire academy be in there on a week day lunchtime? 90% of our academy lads would be at School at that time during the week.

8 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

How would the entire academy be in there on a week day lunchtime? 90% of our academy lads would be at School at that time during the week.

Work experience. Given the attrition rate they can't be putting all their eggs in the football basket.

9 hours ago, citylocal said:

Yes, Nomad is absolutely right. They are Community Trust and not City Academy lads. If they are Academy players it would have Academy printed underneath the badge of their tracksuit tops. If they are Bristol City Community Trust they wear the same tracksuit that you can buy in the shop. Enjoy your boneless banquet. 

I can confirm that what you and @Nomadare saying is correct*

*Not that anyone would have any reason to disbelieve you, I just thought you might like back up!

Archived