IGNORED

Retro City Shirt...

PolskRed

Just having a look through ebay and came across the yellow away Hirerite shirt from the 89/90 season. 

Brought back loads of memories but seriously cannot believe it was 26 years that we had Turner and Taylor up front.  Taylor is still my favorite player to ever wear the City shirt, what a complete star.

5 hours ago, kmpowell said:

That year is easily my favourite ever for City shirts. Nothing IMO comes close. Here are mine from my collection. Mint condition...  image.jpeg

:cool:

Is that 'mint' as in un-worn, pristine etc

Or mint, as in 'gert mint' :P

I like that home kit.  Years ago when I played for Imperial Bristol (a few times with Trevor Tainton) we wore an un-badged version of it. 

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

I've been trying to find a 86-88 Hirerite on line for my trip to the Euros, can't find one anywhere

I'm actually thinking of getting someone to just print it on a t shirt for me, classics

To be honest you'll be lucky to find one these days. Whilst the white band Hireite sold well back in the day, very few seem to be left and/or see the light of day. Most are either mint (gert mint and pristine mint!) like mine is and housed in a collection, or they are really tatty/shrunk and worn. There was a guy who used to go to every away game wearing his, but he stopped when he realised how valuable it had become.

:)

2 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

To be honest you'll be lucky to find one these days. Whilst the white band Hireite sold well back in the day, very few seem to be left and/or see the light of day. Most are either mint (gert mint and pristine mint!) like mine is and housed in a collection, or they are really tatty/shrunk and worn. There was a guy who used to go to every away game wearing his, but he stopped when he realised how valuable it had become.

:)

Absolutely mate - I was thinking that someone may have had a batch made up to sell to an old romantic, 40 something who wished he was 14 again and wanted to have that first City shirt back!

Although the material was uncomfortable as hell, so if someone is reading this and thinking of doing it - get that bit changed!

9 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I would give this pic unlimited likes, I love that mate - hope your son appreciates he's wearing a thing of absolute beauty

Not quite in the same vein but he's almost ready for purple blackthorn. Then will come white Sanderson. Then I went to Watford away in 1996/97 and the world changed

11 hours ago, 054123 said:

Not quite in the same vein but he's almost ready for purple blackthorn. Then will come white Sanderson. Then I went to Watford away in 1996/97 and the world changed

Blimey - what happened in Watford!?

My favourite is the home 93/94. I wear it all the time because it's too nice not to wear it.

Can we have a football shirt thread? There are still shirts I'd like more info on and also looking to buy.

E.g. As far as I know we never wore this shirt (I'm sure I've seen a picture of it in white and black too). 

The design is like a cross between the 96/97 shirt and the 97/98 shirt and is lovely imo. 

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Libertine1 said:

My favourite is the home 93/94. I wear it all the time because it's too nice not to wear it.

Can we have a football shirt thread? There are still shirts I'd like more info on and also looking to buy.

E.g. As far as I know we never wore this shirt (I'm sure I've seen a picture of it in white and black too). 

The design is like a cross between the 96/97 shirt and the 97/98 shirt and is lovely imo. 

image.jpeg

I'm sure you are right that we never wore this one, I think it was a prototype.

The collar is very similar to the Ullsport lime green/grey third kit from 2000.

On 5/30/2016 at 13:08, kmpowell said:

That year is easily my favourite ever for City shirts. Nothing IMO comes close. Here are mine from my collection. Mint condition...  image.jpeg

:cool:

I loved that away shirt - mine was stolen from me in a gym changing room - I was gutted! Proper badge on both shirts too!

Archived