IGNORED

The Squad - Updated 6/9/16

Ian M

On 09/07/2016 at 18:47, citywest30 said:

I wouldn't be surprised. I think there have been some clues in LJ's words and actions that he isn't going to feature predominantly in his plans in which case I would have thought we'd be willing to listen to offers and cash in. Maybe more to this O'Dowda rumour than at first glance.

Apparently O'Dowda is a done deal so wouldn't be surprised if LF did move as I dont think LJ rates him but I would keep him if we couldnt get enough bodies in to bolster the squad

Definitely think Jonny Smith should be included on this. Unlike the signings for the development squad he was announced immediately, his name has been put in on the transfer tracker on the official site (which the development squad signings aren't) and Johnson's comments suggest he will be around the first team squad.

6 hours ago, City169 said:

Definitely think Jonny Smith should be included on this. Unlike the signings for the development squad he was announced immediately, his name has been put in on the transfer tracker on the official site (which the development squad signings aren't) and Johnson's comments suggest he will be around the first team squad.

Been saying this ever since we signed him but have been rubbished by others.

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Been saying this ever since we signed him but have been rubbished by others.

I have been as well, I think it's been fairly clear he's a part of the first team plans more than the others his age just from how the club have handled things. That said I don't expect him to play much more of a Wes Burns 2013-14 role this season. However that's based off of having never seen him play, and more down to age and previous playing experience more than anything.

28 minutes ago, City169 said:

I notice the club has added DiGirolamo on their transfer tracker, wonder if he's impressed Johnson enough to think of putting him in the first team squad.

I think so. IMO anyone who has a reasonable amount of first team experience in whatever league should be a first team squad player. The player is going to see it as a step backwards if we sign them for the development squad and they could possibly go elsewhere. We may have had competition for Smith & DeGirolamo and what swung it was telling them they were first teamers and not U21s, who knows?

I think freeman could be on his way out. I see o'dowda as our right winger with Bryan on the left and smith would be a back up for him. Certainly got the ability, just young and inexperienced currently but that's not always a bad thing.

i think freeman has got a bit stale. That being said, freeman is versatile and with low squad numbers, he is always useful but how happy is he going to be sat on the bench?

• Admin
2 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

I think freeman could be on his way out. I see o'dowda as our right winger with Bryan on the left and smith would be a back up for him. Certainly got the ability, just young and inexperienced currently but that's not always a bad thing.

i think freeman has got a bit stale. That being said, freeman is versatile and with low squad numbers, he is always useful but how happy is he going to be sat on the bench?

Freeman will get plenty of pitch time. If we do play the 4231 a lot of people suspect we will, Tomlin, Bryan, Reid, O'Dowda & Freeman will get rotated to avoid burn out. 

As it stands my "Best 11" choice would be...

Richard O'Donnell

Luke Ayling  Hordur Magnusson  Aden Flint  Scott Golbourne

Gary O'Neil  Korey Smith

Luke Freeman  Lee Tomlin  Callum O'Dowda

Jonathan Kodjia

Rotate Scott Golbourne with Joe Bryan (LJ told Bryan he sees him as a left-back this season), Bobby Reid with Lee Tomlin and Gary O'Neil with either Josh Brownhill or Marlon Pack.

10 hours ago, Lympsham Red said:

As it stands my "Best 11" choice would be...

Richard O'Donnell

Luke Ayling  Hordur Magnusson  Aden Flint  Scott Golbourne

Gary O'Neil  Korey Smith

Luke Freeman  Lee Tomlin  Callum O'Dowda

Jonathan Kodjia

Rotate Scott Golbourne with Joe Bryan (LJ told Bryan he sees him as a left-back this season), Bobby Reid with Lee Tomlin and Gary O'Neil with either Josh Brownhill or Marlon Pack.

Same formation for me....and very similar side.  I'm guessing Flint and Magnússon are meant to be the other way around?

My only change is Bryan comes in on the left of the three, but I'm not sure whether O'Dowda takes Freeman's place or not.

Obviously first game we are without Smith, so Pack starts, even though Brownhill is the more like for like.

• Admin
3 hours ago, jtc1 said:

Garita out on loan.

In my opinion he isn't a serious contender to play first team football with us so wasn't included in the original squad listing. Just as the likes of Harris & McCoulsky etc are also out on loan. Though I must admit I am surprised that a club as high in the pyramid as Plymouth are took him so I may be wrong eventually.

• Admin
1 hour ago, jtc1 said:

Garita played for first team this season just like De Girolamo.

In a game against League 2 opposition and was slated more than any other player by LJ in his post match interview.

SOD fielded Morrell against the same opposition 4 years ago and we haven't seen much of him since.

• Admin

Updated Marlon's contract.

Remaining players who won't be with us next season as it stands:

Mark Little (2017)

Adam Matthews (signed 28/7/16) (season long loan)

Luke Freeman (2017)

Aaron Wilbraham (2017)

Tammy Abraham (season long loan)

George Dowling  (2017)

Presumably Dowling will definitely be offered a new deal. The rest will need replacing in the squad, hopefully with at least 3 being 1st choice players to improve our bench.

13 hours ago, Bullbag said:

Strongest match day 18 for me-

.........................Abraham................

Bryan.................Tomlin...........Paterson

...................O'Neil..........Smith

Golbourne...Magnusson...Flint...Matthews

..........................O'Donnell

Subs- Fielding, Moore, Pack, Reid, O'Dowda, Engvall, Wilbraham.

I think we'd have cover in every position.

So Brownhill - LJ's Golden Boy is out. Can't see it sorry.
Freeman is becoming a pattern.
Harsh on Little but this I can see happening. 

Archived