IGNORED

Rotherham

Tipps69

Been given permission to talk to Alan Stubbs, the Hibs head coach / manager!!

Could be a decent appointment for them?!?

I'd say he'd be a more preferred option to Colin anyway (if I was a Rotherham fan).

Could also put them in the driving seat for the likes of Jason Cummings & a few others if they were to be looking to make the move south of the border.

I feel really sorry for whoever gets it as, if there's any pressure or bad results, people will wonder what could have been if Warnock had stayed.  It's going to be hard for anyone to come in.  I'm not convinced Warnock would have been the right answer in the long-term but, ironically like Warnock coming into Palace after Pulis left, I fear the new man will be something of a sacrificial lamb...

I like the way Alan Stubbs is approaching his management career...after nearly 500 appearances as a player he has obviously realised that he needs to learn his trade at clubs like Hibs and potentially Rotherham, and he could do really well with a grounded attitude like that.

Ryan Giggs would do well to follow his example rather than hang around at Old Trafford waiting for a permanent chance at the top job....

52 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I like the way Alan Stubbs is approaching his management career...after nearly 500 appearances as a player he has obviously realised that he needs to learn his trade at clubs like Hibs and potentially Rotherham, and he could do really well with a grounded attitude like that.

Ryan Giggs would do well to follow his example rather than hang around at Old Trafford waiting for a permanent chance at the top job....

Will Giggs still be there next season I wonder?

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I reckon he will, he'll probably take the 'bridge between the kids and the first team' role - whatever that means!

Well if Jose`s past record is anything to go by it will mean telling them they`re never going to get a game for Man Utd and it`s best if they go out on loan somewhere.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Stubbs does come across well. Stubbs is one approach, Giggs may be another.  There doesn't have to be one way. Don't recall Zidane grafting at a lower league clubs before taking over at Real Madrid.

Once to leave United to manage elsewhere it looks neigh on impossible to come back.  Hughes and Bruce have probably done as well as they could elsewhere and still don't seem to get a sniff.  

13 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Well if Jose`s past record is anything to go by it will mean telling them they`re never going to get a game for Man Utd and it`s best if they go out on loan somewhere.

Is that the same Jose that gave 20 academy players including Jesé, Morata and Varane (bought from Lens) their debuts at Real Madrid? 

7 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

Stubbs does come across well. Stubbs is one approach, Giggs may be another.  There doesn't have to be one way. Don't recall Zidane grafting at a lower league clubs before taking over at Real Madrid.

Once to leave United to manage elsewhere it looks neigh on impossible to come back.  Hughes and Bruce have probably done as well as they could elsewhere and still don't seem to get a sniff.  

Well Zidane did manage Madrid reserves at a lower level for a couple of years but I get your point.

My point though wasn't about Giggs going somewhere else before going back to United, I didn't imply that...I just said if he wants to be a manager he should get out of there and take a lower division role, rather than just hang around in the corridors at Old Trafford...

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well Zidane did manage Madrid reserves at a lower level for a couple of years but I get your point.

My point though wasn't about Giggs going somewhere else before going back to United, I didn't imply that...I just said if he wants to be a manager he should get out of there and take a lower division role, rather than just hang around in the corridors at Old Trafford...

Apologies, didn't mean to infer that.

As others say, his hand may be forced.  Working with younger teams at United would be a good start even if ultimately he goes elsewhere. 

Really think that just with players the long game is to promote from within.  Players like Giggs, Zidane, that understand the cub should be part of the succession planning (if that's not sounding too much like MA!)  Ajax are another clubs that seems to welcome returning players and develop them as coaches after developing them as players initially.  

If Giggs wanted to start at the bottom he could always start at Salford City?

1 hour ago, Cunnyfunt said:

Is that the same Jose that gave 20 academy players including Jesé, Morata and Varane (bought from Lens) their debuts at Real Madrid? 

How about chelsea?

2 hours ago, cynic said:

If I was Mourinho the first thing I would do is get rid of Giggs.

Never trust the old retainer - especially one that covets your job.

He's done zero since finishing playing. JM would be mad not to chop the useless bloke, nice painless example to show who's in charge now.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Will Giggs still be there next season I wonder?

I feel a song coming on............ :trumpet:

Will Giggs get fired?

Jose might just  _ _ _ _ him off

Will Giggs get fired......?

Na na naa na naa naa na na na na naaa .....etc

I'm here all week

11 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Apologies, didn't mean to infer that.

As others say, his hand may be forced.  Working with younger teams at United would be a good start even if ultimately he goes elsewhere. 

Really think that just with players the long game is to promote from within.  Players like Giggs, Zidane, that understand the cub should be part of the succession planning (if that's not sounding too much like MA!)  Ajax are another clubs that seems to welcome returning players and develop them as coaches after developing them as players initially.  

If Giggs wanted to start at the bottom he could always start at Salford City?

No need to apologise! 

Youre right here, Giggs should actually 'manage' a team if he is to stay at Man U - actually manage say the U-17s for a few seasons - make all his mistakes there, learn from them, talk to Fergie for advice when it wouldn't be a high profile issue and actually learn his trade.

I don't think he can learn how to be a manager by just sitting next to a few big names on the bench when he isn't actually accountable.

And he could manage Salford City - why not? Good suggestion, what a great place to learn the job from the bottom up...

Archived