IGNORED

Bed & Breakfast Establishments

StapleHillPhil

I'm coming down to Bristol to watch Somerset kick some Glos backside in the Twenty20 in a couple of weeks and need to find a B&B for the night that is somewhere near the Cricket ground.

Can anyone suggest a name of a place to stay or a road that has a few guesthouses situated on it? Cheap & cheerful is all thats required.

Ta in advance for any help.

Phil

Would you like a cafeteria nearby aswell?

I can think of plenty of bowlers down Somerset way who've been doing that lately  :whistle:

This season is getting more depressing by the match. Mike Burns should never have been reappointed captain after SCCC had openly offered the job to Ward in an attempt to lure him from Surrey to Taunton.

I only hope that Ricky Ponting can provide some magic and get into contention in the Totesport but on current form we'll be well out of the running by the time he arrives.

Anyway, back to my B&B. What suburb is the cricket ground in? It looks like i'm going to have to trawl the internet to find somewhere to pass out on the Friday night.

Guest East End Pillar 3

If you phone the club on 0117 910 8000 they'll send you a list (or fax it to you) of recommended B&B etc near the ground.

You're only a bus ride of about 30 mins away from the centre, and bearing in mind the game will be over early evening you could always stay in the centre and have a night out in the centre as well.

The ground is in the Horfield area of the City close to G@s HQ. Parking is all on street round there and is a nightmare at rush hour time so get there a bit early if you can.

I'll be there as well - come on you Sabres.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm now booked into the Norfolk House B&B on Glos Rd which the owner claims is close to the Cricket ground.

Are there any pubs around that way which are worth visiting for a celebratory post match pint? If you're in town after the game i'll be the one in The Old Duke wearing the Sabres cap.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm now booked into the Norfolk House B&B on Glos Rd which the owner claims is close to the Cricket ground.

Are there any pubs around that way which are worth visiting for a celebratory post match pint? If you're in town after the game i'll be the one in The Old Duke wearing the Sabres cap.

I was born and bred in Horfield and never heard of that hotel. for a few pints, anywhere in that region is good for a pint, particularly the Golucester Road but one word of warning, it is die hard gas area.

MM

Archived