IGNORED

Brownhill signs

LondonBristolian

42 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

One of my regrets in life is that I did not stand up for Ashtonyate when he was dissected like a fish on this forum

What are you on about now?

1 hour ago, Clarky89 said:

Surely he's now spamming? 

You need to ban him before more posters leave because he ruins every thread. 

Do what I've just done, ignore him.

It was funny at first, now just boring.

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

To ignore other peoples opinion will only limit you as a human being. What I like most is people critizing me. That make me think it all over again and come to the same conclusion.

Love your logic Tommy

Would be nice if we can get this thread back on track now, we sign a player and a pissed up Swede has to go and hijack the thread. 

Brownhill, welcome. May you be the first of many who want to come and play for us.

4 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Five pillars in. DNA out.

The five pillars never left, the 'dna' is essentially a part of it.

4 hours ago, raefil said:

PNE fan here.

Josh started really well at PNE and many thought he was going to go on one day to play in the Premiership.  His form dropped away massively, sadly, and eventually he was getting nowhere near the 1st team when we were in lge one.  similar this season, he seemed to drop further and further down the pecking order.  It came as no surprise when he was loaned out to barnsley.

Reports from barnsley, about him, were very positive and he seems to have enjoyed a happy and succesful loan spell there.  a little surprised that he didnt sign for them as he seemed to quite happy there and eventually went on to help the club clinch promotion, last week at Wembley.

My own thoughts are that youve got a decent young player with, so far, unfulfilled potential.

sometimes, in football, it just doesnt work out at certain clubs for some players. Greg cunningham, who we got from yourselves, being a good example.  Perhaps style of play, perhaps even players attitudes, who knows?

Josh is a lieable lad and, for me, a very good young footballer. with the right attitude and management I think he can go on to be a success for your club. I certainly wish him well, except when he plays PNE :)

So he is easy to lie to?

4 hours ago, Super said:

calm down dear..

Again, something you'd never say to a guy face to face in a pub....how patronising is your reply...I know I'm on here but I don't half miss the pre social media and Internet days when discussions about City were all done in the pub before and after a game.

And no-one would ever say 'calm down dear...'

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

To ignore other peoples opinion will only limit you as a human being. What I like most is people critizing me. That make me think it all over again and come to the same conclusion.

I'm only having a laugh Tommy saying ignore you. I do enjoy some of your bizarre posts. Just leave the EU stuff for another forum 

29 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Again, something you'd never say to a guy face to face in a pub....how patronising is your reply...I know I'm on here but I don't half miss the pre social media and Internet days when discussions about City were all done in the pub before and after a game.

And no-one would ever say 'calm down dear...'

I really couldn't care less in fairness but thanks for the heads up.

You've got yourself not only a very talented L1 footballer, but one who should excel a level further up. He's also a top lad in terms of character, no bad apple or ego to polish. LJ will obviously know all this. If it's 200k as well, then that's a steal. By all accounts, we never competed with you or PNE to sign him. I am assuming that's because we couldn't compete financially in terms of salary, that and the fact Josh will no doubt see your club as much more likely to 'do something' next season. 

I've no bad feelings for Bristol City, Josh, LJ or any other Barnsley player/coach/mascot that ends up at AG. It is what it is. However, I do see you (and those individuals) as panto villains, a bit of friendly banter (hate that word) and rivalry adds to the intrigue I reckon. No offence, but ordinarily I'd see both games against your club as un-interesting. And vice versa for you playing us. But all this has changed that. Looking forward to a trip to your new-ish stadium. 

Not sure what system LJ has you playing or what your squad will look like by August, but I'd wager that Brownhill will be a starter and he can play anywhere in central midfield, be it deep, box to box or purely attacking. All the best to the lad. No hard feelings. Not like he was our player anyway. But he's a bit of a cult hero, and will be forever remembered by BFC fans. 

He's not world class. But I believe he's got the tools to go to the top. 

19 minutes ago, WhiteyBFC said:

You've got yourself not only a very talented L1 footballer, but one who should excel a level further up. He's also a top lad in terms of character, no bad apple or ego to polish. LJ will obviously know all this. If it's 200k as well, then that's a steal. By all accounts, we never competed with you or PNE to sign him. I am assuming that's because we couldn't compete financially in terms of salary, that and the fact Josh will no doubt see your club as much more likely to 'do something' next season. 

I've no bad feelings for Bristol City, Josh, LJ or any other Barnsley player/coach/mascot that ends up at AG. It is what it is. However, I do see you (and those individuals) as panto villains, a bit of friendly banter (hate that word) and rivalry adds to the intrigue I reckon. No offence, but ordinarily I'd see both games against your club as un-interesting. And vice versa for you playing us. But all this has changed that. Looking forward to a trip to your new-ish stadium. 

Not sure what system LJ has you playing or what your squad will look like by August, but I'd wager that Brownhill will be a starter and he can play anywhere in central midfield, be it deep, box to box or purely attacking. All the best to the lad. No hard feelings. Not like he was our player anyway. But he's a bit of a cult hero, and will be forever remembered by BFC fans. 

He's not world class. But I believe he's got the tools to go to the top. 

Not quite so diplomatic on your blog ay Whitey. Yes you have a new rival now after I've read that and when you sink I'll take great pleasure from it. Now **** off 

5 hours ago, reformed_red said:

Sure - agree with all of that.

I compared with BR more in terms of how we would feel if he left, and the reactions from the PNE fans; half say he's over-rated, half wish him well. Few seem to think it'll be a big miss. Whereas if PNE were to sign BR - I imagine their fans would feel like they'd signed a hot prospect....much like we do here.

Always interesting seeing it from both sides of the fence...if you follow me!

Interesting comparison but not sure I'd agree.

Despite constant references in the EP, Radio Bristol and City's own official site to 'promising young Bristolian academy graduate Bobby', he isn't actually that at all in football terms.

Young Rashford, fine, young Brownhill, OK, but 'young almost 24 year old BR', who made his debut 6 years ago, that's stretching it a bit.

What I do think they'd expect from the signing of BR at his age is 90 minute consistency, and we know in that respect they'd be liable to be disappointed.

I suspect we'd all wish him well by the way - those convinced by him, and those not.

I can't help thinking a better player for comparison may be PNE signing young Wes Burns? :dunno:

A hand full of knobhead Barnsley get the tits on on Twitter Facebook or a Forum and we all get tarred with the same brush, I can't stick Lee Johnson never been able to from the first day he came to BFC, always come across as a slimy b'astard to me, with his buzz words and bullshit, but there's no denying he got the ball rolling at Oakwell that saw us have a fantastic season after one of the worst starts to a season we've ever had. For that I'll always be great full. 

As for Josh Brownhill I think it depends on how you watch football as to whether you'll like him or not.  Here's a post I posted on the PNE forum in response to allegations that he goes missing in games

As a defending midfield you can be having an effect on the game without actually touching the ball, by positioning yourself in such a way as to restrict the oppositions options, Brownhill is fantastic at this. the amount of times the midfielder who was up against him had no other option but to pass sideways or backwards was unbelievable. His reading of the game is brilliant, as the ball is traveling to their midfielder Brownhill as read the natural pass he'd like to make and put himself in the way of it, then as he receives the ball he as two seconds to remake a decision on where to put it before he's closed down ether by Brownhill or another player. His work off the ball was outstanding for us. 

But he is also much more than that, he as a good range of passing and a eye for danger, he gets stuck in and he also sees runs and movement in front of him, and more times than not gets the ball to them. All in all I think Brownhill is a very good league one player with the potential to go on to better things as he continues to progress as a young footballer. 

5 minutes ago, NIGHTMARE said:

A hand full of knobhead Barnsley get the tits on on Twitter Facebook or a Forum and we all get tarred with the same brush, I can't stick Lee Johnson never been able to from the first day he came to BFC, always come across as a slimy b'astard to me, with his buzz words and bullshit, but there's no denying he got the ball rolling at Oakwell that saw us have a fantastic season after one of the worst starts to a season we've ever had. For that I'll always be great full. 

As for Josh Brownhill I think it depends on how you watch football as to whether you'll like him or not.  Here's a post I posted on the PNE forum in response to allegations that he goes missing in games

As a defending midfield you can be having an effect on the game without actually touching the ball, by positioning yourself in such a way as to restrict the oppositions options, Brownhill is fantastic at this. the amount of times the midfielder who was up against him had no other option but to pass sideways or backwards was unbelievable. His reading of the game is brilliant, as the ball is traveling to their midfielder Brownhill as read the natural pass he'd like to make and put himself in the way of it, then as he receives the ball he as two seconds to remake a decision on where to put it before he's closed down ether by Brownhill or another player. His work off the ball was outstanding for us. 

But he is also much more than that, he as a good range of passing and a eye for danger, he gets stuck in and he also sees runs and movement in front of him, and more times than not gets the ball to them. All in all I think Brownhill is a very good league one player with the potential to go on to better things as he continues to progress as a young footballer. 

He sounds a bit like Korey, but with a long shot!

14 hours ago, Deepdaleismychurch said:

Talk is, we offered him a new deal, solely so we'd be entitled to compo. This deal has been in the pipeline since April.

He was never going to stay at ours, it just wasn't the right 'fit' 

Anyway, he's a decent little player with sh!tloads of potential. Still only a kid really as well, so there's loads of scope to turn him into a very good player. The technical ability is certainly there.

Good luck Josh laaa. 

P.s - He needs to chill out on the alcopops though........allegedly. 

Alcopops??....time to grow a beard and get on the real ale's.............

16 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Bobby's 3 years older than Brownhill, at an age where he must consistently show the genuine 'promise' he displayed in a number of games last season.

For a genuine youngster like Brownhill BR is a comparatively experienced pro.

I'd like to think Brownhill will be far more established in the City team in 3 years time than BR is now.

Brownhill is far more advanced in his career at the age of 20 than Bobby was at the same age.

Brownhill has started 45 games at L1 and Championship level whereas Bobby had made around 13 appearances, most of which were as a substitute.

15 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

You are our partner in the EU. You pretty much have the same opinion as us. Join us and change the EU. 

Even faced with the threat of a Brexit Cameron was unable to get any changes out of the corrupt self serving EU. The British people are not stupid, we want to take back control of our country. Let our elected government determine our laws not unelected Eurocrats in Brussels. We can still trade, still have controlled immigration and our finances will not collapse. Just remember we were fed all those doomsday scenarios when we didn't join the Euro...lucky escape.

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

Even faced with the threat of a Brexit Cameron was unable to get any changes out of the corrupt self serving EU. The British people are not stupid, we want to take back control of our country. Let our elected government determine our laws not unelected Eurocrats in Brussels. We can still trade, still have controlled immigration and our finances will not collapse. Just remember we were fed all those doomsday scenarios when we didn't join the Euro...lucky escape.

Hi all 

Hard to disagree with what Raefil the Preston fan said , burst onto the scene at North End and really did look the part in League One , but as happens to youngsters a loss of form and never really recovered from that but clearly has quality , good engine and the potential for a goal or two , did well at Barnsley by all accounts and no real surprise to see him move on from us ( I think the offer of a contract was very much to receive compensation I don't think either the player/Preston wanted to reunite the partnership ) , would not be at all surprised to see him do very well but he also could struggle at Championship level but he seems a decent lad and he's joined a fine club and hope he does well for you

Mortis

Archived