IGNORED

Gary O'Neil (Confirmed)

ZiderEyed

8 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

As others stated in the tomlin thread its silly to tweet something like this. However if it is legit im worried about o'neil being here on those high wages but lets hope packs dad has lost the plot!

This is a transfer forum, where people want transfer news - what's silly about it?

2 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Surely they wouldn't seriously mess up by offering pack, smith and Tomlin shit terms? This has to be bullshit and surely the players wouldn't disclose wages to other players otherwise you get the issue of unfair claims....

I would imagine that players have clauses in their contracts that they're not allowed to disclose in public salaries / bonuses etc. Sure players will talk and family members will know, but for that to be disclosed I would suspect would be a big no, no

8 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

More of a misunderstanding, but Marlon's dad hasn't done anything on Twitter.

Haha indeed FB i mean! Its good gossip for us but if your son was still under contract at city and you imply that you and your son arent happy with that on social media its only going to hinder the relationship with the the club

17 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Well, he certainly seems to have his finger on the pulse in respect of "Tomlinson". Must be really in the loop with players whose surnames he is unsure of.

Of course, I imagine 'Marion's Dad ' would be the first that Lee Johns, Mark  Ashberg and Steve Lamptown discuss contract offers with.

Well it was when we wanted Zach Clough!

16 minutes ago, grifty said:

I like the idea of signing Gary O'Neil (not for £18k p/w though). But i'd prefer Tomlin!

He would be a "Wade Elliot" signing, very experienced and OK for a couple of years. He's out of contract so at £18K per week the 2 years would cost us under £2M. He could bring on some of our younger players more quickly and has bags of Championship and Prem experience so I reckon would be a good move. We need a couple of more experienced players with Alby playing less and probably his last season with us.

Assuming that this is genuinely Pack's dad and that one of the family hasn't hijacked his account, then the one thing it goes to show is, that it's not just the footballers that are out of touch. 

A safe assumption is that he is talking about a modest pay rise as being between 1k to 2k per week. That's up to  £100k a year. I suggest he thinks about that when his own boss gives (not offers or negotiates) him his standard 1% this year like the rest of us mere mortals.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Assuming that this is genuinely Pack's dad and that one of the family hasn't hijacked his account, then the one thing it goes to show is, that it's not just the footballers that are out of touch. 

A safe assumption is that he is talking about a modest pay rise as being between 1k to 2k per week. That's up to  £100k a year. I suggest he thinks about that when his own boss gives (not offers or negotiates) him his standard 1% this year like the rest of us mere mortals.

More to the point, we spent the majority of the season facing relegation as a real threat. Makes me laugh that Marlon's dad thinks people deserve improved deals. 

In Marlon's case I think possibly so as he actually came out of the season with some credit, but he talks as if we've just won the league or something!

Archived