IGNORED

Attendance of First Home Game

Coppello

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes, but in one of your posts above you said that someone paying £10 for the first game and then POTD for the remainder of the season would pay £670.....not £874....

That was assuming £30 a ticket as a roughly average price across the ground. West Stand is the top end - more expensive season tickets and, we assume, more expensive match tickets.

30 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

That was assuming £30 a ticket as a roughly average price across the ground. West Stand is the top end - more expensive season tickets and, we assume, more expensive match tickets.

I've told everyone it's gonna be £30 POTD in the West Stand now

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

I think we should all just sit back enjoy the summer, let the club get some business done and then start to worry about first game of the season. Wether that's attandance, team, how we will get on etc 

It will all come down to the business we do and how we conduct ourselves in the market that will esstianally get extra bums on seats 

4 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

If you're going to pick games to charge less then I'd scrap the season ticket and only go see games I really want to get up for. Who wants to waste a beautiful Saturday watching Burton or Rotherham? 

I don't want to watch Burton or Rotherham.

I don't want to watch Villa or Newcastle. 

I am a City fan and I want to watch City play. Meantime. I don't care who we are playing against or how much the bloke next to me has paid for his ticket...as long as he is here to support City too.

16 hours ago, Gazred said:

Get a couple of marquee signings in between now and then, combine that with a good fixture for the game and it could well get over 20k i reckon. 

Planning to take my lad to his 1st game that day as well.

we have been strongly linked with Guy Rope

I have 3 ST's and good luck to the club if they want to do promo's I'm happy at what I paid, I have my seat and no one can take it from me :)

I would rather pay a lot at the start to guarantee that me and my children can sit together in the area we want, plus as posted if we attend most of the matches it's still the cheapest way to view :)

12 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Can someone give me the link to where its been confirmed 15000 season tickets have been sold?

You really think there will be over 20k for the first game? As for 24500.........well that would be exceptional, but no chance.

If we got over 18k at home v millwall with 11500 season tickets when coppell was here , surely with at least 2000 more sold it is very likely we would be over 20k 

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

If we got over 18k at home v millwall with 11500 season tickets when coppell was here , surely with at least 2000 more sold it is very likely we would be over 20k 

Not that simple - a large number of those 2,000 would have previously been POTD'ers. So 2k additional season ticket sales doesn't mean your gate will be 2k higher.

37 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not that simple - a large number of those 2,000 would have previously been POTD'ers. So 2k additional season ticket sales doesn't mean your gate will be 2k higher.

I think the last few years in championship last time out we averaged betwen 3k-4k pay on the day including away fans. This was a terrible time for city both on and off the pitch so surely more people will be potd when we are competing. If we have a team who can sell out the away end we will see over 20k for our first home game.

21 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Can someone give me the link to where its been confirmed 15000 season tickets have been sold?

You really think there will be over 20k for the first game? As for 24500.........well that would be exceptional, but no chance.

Why not?! It's an iconic day. First home match always used to be a sell out pre-development and you have the added new stand unveiling. I expect all seats on offer to Bristol City fans to be sold. 

22 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Don't think anyone can.  It's wishful thinking for the most part.  If we'd sold 15,000 the club would be shouting it from the rooftops.

If we are playing Newcastle or Villa at home it will be close to a sell out, remember, most of the seats available will be best seats in the house in the upper West Stand, be prepared for a Friday night or Sunday game, bound to be on Sky

4 hours ago, City exile 79 said:

I saw more away games last season than home due to not being able to get groups of tickets together (4 seats). Intend going a lot more this coming season. I think quite a few people were in the same situation as us.

I do agree with you. I personally think at times people didn't try for tickets almost on the assumption that the game was sold out.

Archived