Zlatan's big annoncement .

Major Isewater

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

So what do you think it Will be ?

I'm going ; 

'The rest of The Swedish team are going home I will do this on my own '

"I would score more if my nose wasn't always offside"

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I only score against weak teams and go missing against good defences.

I'm surprised that nobody's noticed.

He's a very good player. I think he'll do well at United. Him, Rooney, Martial and Rashford has the potential to be a fantastic strike force.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He's a very good player. I think he'll do well at United. Him, Rooney, Martial and Rashford has the potential to be a fantastic strike force.

Rashford sadly won't get a look in.

5 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

That's England screwed then! 

haha bad choice, I think that back  his comments up rather than destroys them.

Best figures to use are from his time in Italy where it is notoriously hard to score

Zlatan is one of the best player in the World. He have scored 62 goals for Sweden and we are not a good team. Every club he has been in he won the leauge. Ajax. Inter, Juve, Barca PSG and so on. What he has done and can do on the pitch is more than Amazing. Dont know any player who has scored so many wondergoals. He is one of a kind. Think most people  in England Watch most English football. This season has been his best ever. He is 34 and still getting better. Offcause its easier to score in France than in pl. Where ever he will play he will do good. Swedish team are depending that Zlatan will deliver. Without Zlatan we have nothing. We scored 11 and Zlatan scored 8 of them in the qualification to the Euros, says a lot.

5 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Zlatan is one of the best player in the World. He have scored 62 goals for Sweden and we are not a good team. Every club he has been in he won the leauge. Ajax. Inter, Juve, Barca PSG and so on. What he has done and can do on the pitch is more than Amazing. Dont know any player who has scored so many wondergoals. He is one of a kind. Think most people  in England Watch most English football. This season has been his best ever. He is 34 and still getting better. Offcause its easier to score in France than in pl. Where ever he will play he will do good. Swedish team are depending that Zlatan will deliver. Without Zlatan we have nothing. We scored 11 and Zlatan scored 8 of them in the qualification to the Euros, says a lot.

A quick google shows that I'm not alone in my opinion:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been a big hit in France since joining Paris Saint Germain in 2012, but not everybody is a fan. 

Former goalkeeper Jean-Paul Bertrand-Demanes, who played for France at the 1978 World Cup, left no doubt about what he thinks of the Swedish striker in an interview with L'Equipe

Bertrand-Demanes said, as translated by Marca, that Zlatan is "as thick as a plank" and "a problem for PSG" and that he "needs a good slap."

"He's only good against weak teams," Bertrand-Demanes said. "To be one of the greats, you have to score against Bayern or Real Madrid, like Luis Suarez and Messi do. I don't like him at all; he doesn't want another forward by his side."

I do hope that he joins Man Utd.

16 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

People just don't like arrogance and nonchalance, especially in the UK. We can't deal with it.

I reckon that's why people don't warm to Tyson Fury because he's bolshy and outspoken. They prefer Joshua who's the more archetypal professional athlete. That's why Zlatan divides opinion so much. I think he'll do well though, great player.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

People just don't like arrogance and nonchalance, especially in the UK. We can't deal with it.

I reckon that's why people don't warm to Tyson Fury because he's bolshy and outspoken. They prefer Joshua who's the more archetypal professional athlete. That's why Zlatan divides opinion so much. I think he'll do well though, great player.

Well we both want him to join Man Utd, but for different reasons.

The only problem I have with Tyson Fury is the one I have with most heavyweights - they are really boring to watch fight.  I guess it's the sheer power that makes them so defensive; pretty much every middleweight (or lighter) fight is hugely entertaining.  I like outspoken sportspeople who come out with other than the usual scripted mush as long as they do it in an entertaining way - that's why people so warmed to Ali and Clough.  

4 hours ago, Murraysrightplum said:

He has more than an onze of quality, when he gets into the box he will ponce.

good moaning

He has developed a bit of a reputation for this sort of thing, but I thought he always kept them for himself, the granny and, more recently, the HughB client excepted.

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Well we both want him to join Man Utd, but for different reasons.

The only problem I have with Tyson Fury is the one I have with most heavyweights - they are really boring to watch fight.  I guess it's the sheer power that makes them so defensive; pretty much every middleweight (or lighter) fight is hugely entertaining.  I like outspoken sportspeople who come out with other than the usual scripted mush as long as they do it in an entertaining way - that's why people so warmed to Ali and Clough.  

Oh, I don't know.

I think Ali lost a lot of friends when he punched Yacob and, as for Clough, ten seconds chat with his Dad is hardly entertaining.

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The fact is Man Utd won't be playing the likes of Barca and Bayern next season so that point is irrelevant. 

If Zlatan does only score against the weaker sides that's exactly what Man Utd lacked last season. Someone who can score against the fodder. Should be a good buy for one season, the likes of Rashford will learn a lot. 

22 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

The fact is Man Utd won't be playing the likes of Barca and Bayern next season so that point is irrelevant. 

If Zlatan does only score against the weaker sides that's exactly what Man Utd lacked last season. Someone who can score against the fodder. Should be a good buy for one season, the likes of Rashford will learn a lot. 

Now that is a very good point.

Archived