IGNORED

Will Lansdown pay for top players ?

Major Isewater

15 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Yes because we distorted the wage structure and ended up trying to pacify the squad with increasing contracts for players that did not warrant it. You cannot pay a Tomlin player £25k a week and not expect disturbances with the rest of the key players. 

Of course you can, better players attract better wages. Thats the way of the world. 

Offering big bucks to shite like Stephen Pearson is what causes animosity. 

22 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Because it distorts the rest of the wage structure. It is not the single contract, but the harmony as a whole. We had this before and got us in a real mess.

I don't think players sit around in the changing room comparing wage slips any more than people do at any other workplace. 

It always amuses me when people here claim to "know" what all sort of players earn. Unless you are a director,  Mark Ashton, the player himself or his agent, you are guessing. 

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

If you can afford to buy a whole squad and fund it, like Man City yes. When you can afford just a few, it causes the issues. You can do some background reading and listen to some of the pod casts from managers and agents etc that are out there, they explain it clearly and are very enlightening as to what happens in these circumstances. It is a major issue at clubs, particularly promoted clubs. City have repeated that error so many times over the years, made worse by not being a big draw, so inherently over paying to get players in the door. 

Tomlin is earning 3 times more than any other City player, you think if he joins on that wage it will not cause an issue ? I guarantee you it will cause an issue (it already is), but if you think LJ can manage that dressing room and the other players will accept it as "the way of the world " without some form of contract adjustment then I admire LJ ability and your faith in the other players nonchalance  .

If Tomlin comes here he won't be on 3 times more than any other player.

You're just making things up now. 

16 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

If Tomlin comes here he won't be on 3 times more than any other player.

You're just making things up now. 

Have I stumbled onto a Euro referendum debate by mistake?

Archived