IGNORED

Impressed

dereks no1

Already signed 2 midfielders, at both end of the football spectrum. One experienced and one young and the most ipressive aspect is they are both on a free and already we seem to be doing our business early. Huge contrast from last season when we didn't sign a midfielder at all and left all our business until the end of the window. Exciting times!

12 minutes ago, dereks no1 said:

Already signed 2 midfielders, at both end of the football spectrum. One experienced and one young and the most ipressive aspect is they are both on a free and already we seem to be doing our business early. Huge contrast from last season when we didn't sign a midfielder at all and left all our business until the end of the window. Exciting times!

Is that you Mr Ashton ?

• Admin
42 minutes ago, dereks no1 said:

O'Neil a free - but maybe a nice golden handshake to subsidise wages?

But agree - two potentially great signings 

44 minutes ago, phantom said:

O'Neil a free - but maybe a nice golden handshake to subsidise wages?

But agree - two potentially great signings 

What is the difference between a POTENTIALLY great signing, and a POTENTIALLY shyte one?

Remind me, big boy.

Uncle TFR

1 hour ago, dereks no1 said:

Won't we have to pay a tribunal fee for Brownhill, if preston has offered him a contract?

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Won't we have to pay a tribunal fee for Brownhill, if preston has offered him a contract?

I believe that is how it works, as long as the contract offered wasn't at less than the one that had just ran out.....

7 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I believe that is how it works, as long as the contract offered wasn't at less than the one that had just ran out.....

which it won't be (imo) so thats 1 free and 1 for a fee to be set later then

2 hours ago, Leveller said:

No it makes him a realist - the potentially word rules out any pre judgement, which is as it should be.

Ahh, thanks!

So something 'potentially' disasterous, could be really lovely, but we are just not 'pre-judging' it?

I follow your logic.

:facepalm:

Uncle TFR (or am I?)

The difference between a good and a bad signing is the level of professionalism in the club's transfer team. Ours, in my opinion, has a level of professionalism that we have not previously seen at Ashton Gate.  We only managed to sign two players in the entire summer window last year and one of those subsequently walked.  

Believe in Lee, Ashton, Taylor and all the others.  They will deliver.

BELIEVE and Keep Bouncing

It shows real intent to do something next season if the rumours are true of who we've been linked to in the last few days. I'd be interested to know who we are looking at in the centre half position. I don't know what is about but it seems we're willing to splash the cash.

4 hours ago, Spoons said:

Training compensation rumoured to be £120,000

I once read a bit from a FIFA document that suggests that there is a formula based on age, years developed at that club, contract etc etc.

I heard the £200k rumour, as we'd paid a fee to avoid taking the gamble of the (slightly lower by £80k) training compensation so that he didn't become available on the "open market"....in effect we paid a transfer fee.

No idea on truth, but £120k or £200k is cheap for the potential we've bought.

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Gary O'Neil's goalscoring record is pretty poor. Surely we're crying out for goalscoring midfielders?

thats why we are trying to sign tomlin who can be a creative spark behind the front 2 or 1, but to play that formation you need a good defensive midfielder who can break up play, thats where o'neil fits in,

also his leadership, don't bet against him being captain next season

10 hours ago, Monkeh said:

thats why we are trying to sign tomlin who can be a creative spark behind the front 2 or 1, but to play that formation you need a good defensive midfielder who can break up play, thats where o'neil fits in,

also his leadership, don't bet against him being captain next season

Isn't that supposedly Brownhills forte,breaking up play??

Archived