IGNORED

England shirt for saturday

Posset red

9 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Sports Direct would be worth a punt mate. 

Yes they've got several in there - I was buying stuff for my kids last week and saw the late 70s one, the 1982 one with the red and blue blocks by the shoulder (my first England shirt as a boy), the 1990 one and the Euro 96 one. All much better than the shocking kit the team will be wearing this time round.

2 minutes ago, Offside said:

Yes they've got several in there - I was buying stuff for my kids last week and saw the late 70s one, the 1982 one with the red and blue blocks by the shoulder (my first England shirt as a boy), the 1990 one and the Euro 96 one. All much better than the shocking kit the team will be wearing this time round.

Agreed, my personal favourite is the 1970 shirt, got it in its red and white versions.

10 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Yeah try  Sports Direct, bought the 1990 Home top few days back £24.99. Worth it considering the England top now is poor and at least £15 more expensive

£15 more?! If only - it's £60 and that's not even for the exact replica, which is £90. It's absolutely appalling.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not sure where you live @Posset red, but I bought the 2014 away shirt for £10 in the Nike shop at the Swindon outlet centre last week. They also had the home shirt for the same price.

2014 probably doesn't qualify as "retro" though!

Isn't my name a give away posset ? Portishead hmmm don't fancy driving to Swindon :laugh: 

1 hour ago, Posset red said:

Really stupid but I'm lost for ideas where can I go to get a retro/oldish English shirt to wear for Saturday any help would be appreciated thanks guys 

Sainsburys doing some retro style shirts - incl a nice red shirt sleeve similar to 66 shirt. - was £12 /  14 ish

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

£15 more?! If only - it's £60 and that's not even for the exact replica, which is £90. It's absolutely appalling.

Seems in and around football these days there are useless football kit 'designers' and extortion artists; if charging too much was a crime there would be prison terms at the FA. 

Retro is obviously the way to go; some good designs, some British brands, acceptable pricing and the shirts actually fit unlike the modern cack which makes a person look like a slithering worm trying to bust out in all directions. It is frankly unbelievable anybody would buy such an item.... Just avoid like the plague.

Somebody should immediately start a 'football shirt revolution' on all social media calling for total boycott; only then will design and price see sense. Do it people. Be a hero.

Archived