IGNORED

northern Ireland

man in the middle

7 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Very difficult for the lads in this group. I always thought their best hope would be to finish 3rd, and hopefully that would be enough to get out of the group.

I can't see them doing it now. Germany will beat them and it probably won't be enough even if they finish 3rd with 3 points against Ukraine.

Footballs a funny game though, maybe the Germans will have an off game!

Was at the game in Nice today.  Old town was bedlam before hand, but not a whiff of trouble.  Great atmosphere in the ground too.  Better team, by a long shot, won.  Spotted the Gas flag down in the N. Ireland end.

Only beer being sold in the ground is 0.5% Carlsberg at EUR6.50/pint, yet still long queues for it.  Beggars belief.

14 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Was at the game in Nice today.  1. Old town was bedlam before hand, but not a whiff of trouble.  Great atmosphere in the ground too.  Better team, by a long shot, won.  Spotted the Gas flag down in the N. Ireland end.

Only beer being sold in the ground is 2. 0.5% Carlsberg at EUR6.50/pint, yet still long queues for it.  Beggars belief.

1. Glad to read that, but neither Poland (unless playing against Germany or other Eastern/Balkan countries) nor NI have a history of gratuitous violence.

2. Unfortunately, this is extremely common in France, especially at the Stade de France - and, worst of all, there appears to be no indication that the beer is not really 'beer'.

8 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

1. Glad to read that, but neither Poland (unless playing against Germany or other Eastern/Balkan countries) nor NI have a history of gratuitous violence.

2. Unfortunately, this is extremely common in France, especially at the Stade de France - and, worst of all, there appears to be no indication that the beer is not really 'beer'.

To be fair to the organisers re (2), there is a big "0.5%" on top the beer tent canopy and, I think, on the caps the serving staff are wearing.

I was slap bang in the middle of the Northern Ireland end. Bloke next to me was in tears at the national anthem as it meant so much to him just to be there. 

Had a grand day chatting to them all and loved the constant noise (even after they had lost the game).

They had a great chant about not being Brazil but I couldn't work out the rest of the words... There were several verses and then its chorus was;

"We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland. 

We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.

We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland. 

Bur it's all the same to me! (ulster!!)"

Anyone know the other verses? (I may have got the other bit wrong too!)

Archived