IGNORED

Rangers' Steve Maclean

Dynamite Red

Quoted from the Evil Post :whistle:

-----------------------------------------------

"I am looking now to get another one (striker) in. We have agreed a fee with the club involved and now it's a case of talking personal terms.

"I am confident we'll get him but we don't want to say too much, lest we alert other clubs to up the fee."

Tinnion ruled out Brighton's Chris Iwelumo, Swansea's Lee Trundle and Swindon's Tommy Mooney as possible signings.

However, Rangers' Steve MacLean could fit the bill. The six-foot striker scored 25 goals while on loan with S****horpe last season although the Scottish giants would command a hefty fee for the player, likely to be in excess of £250,000.

-----------------------------------------------

MacLean on transfer list

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Pr...5~23301,00.html

Guest Champagne Football

I don't understand this, he seems to be a similar player to Miller, who we already have. If we are going to go after another striker it should be a bulky one not another good in the air Scotsman. I for one hope we don't sign him and pursue only strikers who will add something to the club like Marcus Stewart.

It must be Maclean!!!The Rangers website says it's us and Hull interested,Whitey says all the Scottish press is saying Wednesday and us,with Hull's interest fading.Well its more concrete than my aunties,dogs best friends cousins etc.... rumours that are normally flying about. :city::o:o

What is it about Bristol City and Scottish strikers ? We always seem to have at least one !

Don't get me wrong though, if he can take his third-division form into OUR division he would be a great player to have. A far more exciting signing than Heffernan.

But it also means we can forget having someone experienced up front.

What about Leon Knight? strange one but Brighton will only get relegated, come on Tinns make an enquirey..
Dirty little git is smaller than Matt Hill.

Hope we never see him in a City shirt.

There is a plus side to signing Knight though, we would win plenty of penalties :city:

It must be Maclean!!!The Rangers website says it's us and Hull interested,Whitey says all the Scottish press is saying Wednesday and us,with Hull's interest fading.Well its more concrete than my aunties,dogs best friends cousins etc.... rumours that are normally flying about. :o:o:o

Turner says Wednesday had a list of possible striker signings lined up but hadn't realised Peacock was out of contract.

McClean WAS on that list but since they've got Peacock he's probably off it now.

With Hull's interest fading (why?) looks like we may be the only serious contenders.

Hope so, after all this i wouldn't want to go to Wednesday with Peacock AND McClean against us. :city:

Dirty little git is smaller than Matt Hill.

Hope we never see him in a City shirt.

There is a plus side to signing Knight though, we would win plenty of penalties :o

Agree, any bridges he had to AG are well and truely sindered, the little foooker cost us dear :city:

Bristol City and Scottish strikers go together like Jack Danials and Lucozade!!,  :city:

It should never happen!!,  :P

Tom Ritchie and Joe Jordan to name but two.

And who can forget Micky Brolly and Ralph Milne :P , O.K., not strikers exactly, but City have always done well with a smattering of Scots in the team. :o

Archived