IGNORED

Kids season ticket problem!

collier

Quick question for you guys regarding my son's season ticket renewal.  I have renewed and paid £50 for his season ticket for next season back when it was being advertised for existing season ticket holders. The club have rang today(the wrong person by the way who happens to be my dad) to say that I now need to pay an extra £50 plus advised me that he is no longer entitled to a free shirt. Now the reason for this is that my son's birthday is on the first day of the season, the 6th August. If the club wanted me to pay for my renewal in early May then they should surely be taking his season ticket price based on his current age? Why not have this flagged up when the renewal took place? Technically he does not become 12 until the exact first day of the season, it could be argued by both sides as to what comes first, chicken and egg springs to mind.

All in this will be costing me an extra hundred quid, it's not really the money that bothers me but the fact the club want you to pay upfront for the next season but then want to base their prices on children's future age. Also my dad offered to pay up the outstanding money but was told no as I have to wait for my son's voided season ticket to turn up in the post and then contact them to pay off the balance for a reissue of the card. Seems a bit arse backwards to me

So what say you all, is the club in the right and I should pay up without a moan or is this a valid complaint??

Any reduced price Catagory has always been based on age on the first day of the season, so I guess he is just unlucky with that. However the club should have raised this when you renewed in good faith and on this occassion I think that they should probably honour it. 

I would say that it was worth a polite and well constructed email to Kay at supporter services to explain the situation and hopefully she will be able to sort something out for you. 

I'm with you mate. If they want you to pay up in advance in May then his age on the day you paid should be the one they go by. No skin off the club's nose to do the right thing here in my opinion. 

Bit poor to say 'hang on, I know you stumped up your cash in May, but we are looking at how old he is three months later , so give us some more money, and by the way we ain't giving him a free shirt either.'

There will probably be opinions for both sides of this but the day you said 'I want to renew my son's season ticket today please' is when his age on that day counts...just my opinion..

3 minutes ago, kingswood red said:

The qualifying date was always August 1st. I was well aware of this because my birthday is August 2nd.

To be fair that is fine with me. They should have flagged this when the renewal went through though. There should have been no option to pay the under 12 price if they are considering his age on August first. Just another glitch in their confusing ticketing system.

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Any reduced price Catagory has always been based on age on the first day of the season, so I guess he is just unlucky with that. However the club should have raised this when you renewed in good faith and on this occassion I think that they should probably honour it. 

I would say that it was worth a polite and well constructed email to Kay at supporter services to explain the situation and hopefully she will be able to sort something out for you. 

As the season start date varies it was taken from August 1.

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Any chance of giving me Kay's email is you know it please or where I can find it?

Just needs to be made clear, and the system shouldn't have allowed you to complete the transaction.

Its a bit like holiday booking, where they ask you for kids ages at time if travel, not at time of booking.  Should've happened here.

I agree with the 'give Kay a buzz' approach.  She's always very helpful.

Good luck!

12 minutes ago, kingswood red said:

The qualifying date was always August 1st. I was well aware of this because my birthday is August 2nd.

Hang on having re read this are you saying he needs to be 12 on August 1st to count as not under 12 when the season kicks off. Im confused??

Always used to be that 1st August is the definitive date. So for example for a senior's concession you must be over 65 before 1st August, conversely for a young person's concession I would think that person must be of the qualifying age after the 1st August. So if he's still under 12 after the 1st August he ought to qualify?

I'm confused!

1 hour ago, collier said:

Quick question for you guys regarding my son's season ticket renewal.  I have renewed and paid £50 for his season ticket for next season back when it was being advertised for existing season ticket holders. The club have rang today(the wrong person by the way who happens to be my dad) to say that I now need to pay an extra £50 plus advised me that he is no longer entitled to a free shirt. Now the reason for this is that my son's birthday is on the first day of the season, the 6th August. If the club wanted me to pay for my renewal in early May then they should surely be taking his season ticket price based on his current age? Why not have this flagged up when the renewal took place? Technically he does not become 12 until the exact first day of the season, it could be argued by both sides as to what comes first, chicken and egg springs to mind.

All in this will be costing me an extra hundred quid, it's not really the money that bothers me but the fact the club want you to pay upfront for the next season but then want to base their prices on children's future age. Also my dad offered to pay up the outstanding money but was told no as I have to wait for my son's voided season ticket to turn up in the post and then contact them to pay off the balance for a reissue of the card. Seems a bit arse backwards to me

So what say you all, is the club in the right and I should pay up without a moan or is this a valid complaint??

Hi I have exactly the same problem exactly, spoke to Kay today , the child has to be under 12 on the 1st of august to qualify for under 12 my lad is 11 now but 12 on the 1 august I was sold a under 12 ticket on renewal in April wrongly but have to upgrade his ticket to under 19 and no shirt offered. Also worth taking kids ID next season as they are blocking some kids tickets at different match's 

16 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

The child has to be under 12 on the 1st of august to qualify for under 12 ticket not first game of season 

Ok well it seems the club are wrong on my account then as my son is not 12 until the 6th August. I will email Kay to get some clarification thanks!

18 hours ago, collier said:

sadly he should of been charged full price, but this is the clubs cock up and they should honour the existing ticket,

I think a fair compromise would be to leave the ticket at £50 quid but withdraw the free shirt offer, 

Ether way you need to contact the club, kay would be a good start

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

sadly he should of been charged full price, but this is the clubs cock up and they should honour the existing ticket,

I think a fair compromise would be to leave the ticket at £50 quid but withdraw the free shirt offer, 

Ether way you need to contact the club, kay would be a good start

I agree a fair compromise, but I think you will find (post 17 above) that a solution may have been found. 

I was 65 in mid August last year same day as  the Brentford home game. When I bought my 2015/16 season ticket I recall I could not get the Over 65 discount if I was born after 1 March 1950. I had to wait until this season to get the discount. They get you at both ends of your life c'est la vie

On 16 June 2016 at 19:52, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm with you mate. If they want you to pay up in advance in May then his age on the day you paid should be the one they go by. No skin off the club's nose to do the right thing here in my opinion. 

Bit poor to say 'hang on, I know you stumped up your cash in May, but we are looking at how old he is three months later , so give us some more money, and by the way we ain't giving him a free shirt either.'

There will probably be opinions for both sides of this but the day you said 'I want to renew my son's season ticket today please' is when his age on that day counts...just my opinion..

It's not unreasonable to ask someone's age in three months time for a ticket that doesn't take effect until three months later.

The club screwed up by charging the wrong price but I don't agree with your logic at all.

Archived