IGNORED

And we thought Kodjia was born offside

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

Quite. You will be offside if the players behind you are not quick of mind. I would love to see a comparison for Kodjia's offsides with Reid and Tomlin and without. I think it would be startling to many.

I still firmly believe we have one helluva player on our books. I'm not even convinced Gray is a better player; less Gray plays with better team mates. I would of course swap them given respective ages, if they were so matched; I wouldn't. 

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The more telling stat would how many times a player is offside compared to how many times he isn`t. If you`re offside twice in a game but only making five runs that`s worse than someone who`s off three times but has made 15.

Fair. Although I do believe the job of the midfield is to assist and the forwards to finish. His finishing stats are strong; the assisting stats are weak. I think with the right CM/CAM he could've outscore Grey. 

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Fair. Although I do believe the job of the midfield is to assist and the forwards to finish. His finishing stats are strong; the assisting stats are weak. I think with the right CM/CAM he could've outscore Grey. 

It was certainly noticeable in the latter part of the season he was bending his runs a lot more to stay on.

It took until January (ffs!) and Pembo having a say before we brought someone in able to speak English and French! And then, bit by bit, with a bit of Tomlin thrown in, voila! Some understanding, some improvement, quelle f$#¥ing surprise!

25 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It was certainly noticeable in the latter part of the season he was bending his runs a lot more to stay on.

Could be coaching. I feel more likely his own exasperations and the improved vision on the players behind him. Don't get me wrong I was behind LJ from the instant he was mentioned; but I didn't and don't concur with his initial view of Kodjia being years behind nor do I attribute anything, in respect of kodjia, to LJ. He is, and always ways, a superb signing; a super player (at least at this level) and LJ is lucky to have him at his disposal. 

Archived