IGNORED

Newcastle flights - delete your cookies.

EmersonsRed

11 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Delete your internet cookies if it's mega £££ for EasyJet flights, should go back down in price.

Failing that, fly to Edinburgh and get a train to Newcastle, extra 90 mins to journey but only £20 return...

Where you finding £20 return mate?

41 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Delete your internet cookies if it's mega £££ for EasyJet flights, should go back down in price.

Failing that, fly to Edinburgh and get a train to Newcastle, extra 90 mins to journey but only £20 return...

Sorry mate, excuse my ignorance but what does "delete your internet cookies" mean, 

Cookies are the name for the files automatically stored when you visit websites. They store info about your use of the website, which are generally helpful, such as remembering your password or remembering that you're interested in the weather in Bristol.

They're also the buggers that show your Mrs what you've bought her for her birthday when she next goes on Amazon.

In this case, they're recognising that you're quite keen for tickets to fly to Newcastle because you've visited the website 5 times in an hour. The website recognises this from the cookies, so hikes the price because they think you're desperate to get there to see Kodjias 92nd minute wonder strike.

Turns out you are, so delete your cookies and the website may well think you're fresh meat, and not the City fan desperate to see us smash some magpies. The prices may well come down as a result. 

Good luck. But definitely clean the crumbs out too. 

39 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Cookies are the name for the files automatically stored when you visit websites. They store info about your use of the website, which are generally helpful, such as remembering your password or remembering that you're interested in the weather in Bristol.

They're also the buggers that show your Mrs what you've bought her for her birthday when she next goes on Amazon.

In this case, they're recognising that you're quite keen for tickets to fly to Newcastle because you've visited the website 5 times in an hour. The website recognises this from the cookies, so hikes the price because they think you're desperate to get there to see Kodjias 92nd minute wonder strike.

Turns out you are, so delete your cookies and the website may well think you're fresh meat, and not the City fan desperate to see us smash some magpies. The prices may well come down as a result. 

Good luck. But definitely clean the crumbs out too. 

Cheers Fred, I've had a look and haven't got a clue what this cookie policy is, I'll get one of my kids on it and make sure I use a plate when eating cookies!!

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Sorry mate, excuse my ignorance but what does "delete your internet cookies" mean, 

The simple technical answer:
Web pages are not stateful (they don't remember what's been done from one web page view to the next - a bit like being pissed one night and not remembering what you did the following day), so a cookie is a small bit of data that helps a maintain state (a bit like your mate telling you what you got up to when absolutely trollyed).

I suspect that you really want to know how to get rid of them?
Depends on your browser (I'm only going to do the 3 browsers I use (just google your browser and clearing cookies) and remember that with computers, there are always more than one way to do something):
Safari: Click safari>preferences>privacy>Remove All Website data (you have a tick box situation and you make a decision what you want removing).
Chrome: Click chrome>preferences>History>Clear browsing data (same thing as above).
Firefox: Click firefox>preferences>privacy>clear your recent history

Be warned, if you save website passwords, clearing history can clear this information as well - you just have to be careful when selecting what you want cleared.

As to booking flights in Feb 2017, considering how matches are subject to change, the weather and the reading of the tealeaves, I'd leave it till later.

You've probably got a better chance of winning the lottery than predicting when the match will take place.

2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

What happens if the date's switched because Sky pick it as a TV game? Us and Newcastle might be first and second in the table by then!

Then hope Sunderland are at home that Saturday so you can go and watch that. 

4 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

The simple technical answer:
Web pages are not stateful (they don't remember what's been done from one web page view to the next - a bit like being pissed one night and not remembering what you did the following day), so a cookie is a small bit of data that helps a maintain state (a bit like your mate telling you what you got up to when absolutely trollyed).

I suspect that you really want to know how to get rid of them?
Depends on your browser (I'm only going to do the 3 browsers I use (just google your browser and clearing cookies) and remember that with computers, there are always more than one way to do something):
Safari: Click safari>preferences>privacy>Remove All Website data (you have a tick box situation and you make a decision what you want removing).
Chrome: Click chrome>preferences>History>Clear browsing data (same thing as above).
Firefox: Click firefox>preferences>privacy>clear your recent history

Be warned, if you save website passwords, clearing history can clear this information as well - you just have to be careful when selecting what you want cleared.

Thanks mate, not a clue what your talking about, far too technical for me, I"ll get my kids on it

24 minutes ago, harrys said:

Thanks mate, not a clue what your talking about, far too technical for me, I"ll get my kids on it

Have you turned it off and on :whistle:

8 hours ago, harrys said:

No, is that what I should be doing?

Every time I ring IT help desk, that's what they tell me to do. It works about 5% of the time.

Archived