IGNORED

Bcfc Exiles Supporters Club

cheshire_red

should we start one.

It was obvious from the Ex-pats / Bristol thread that we have members of this Forum spread around the country. One mentioned there were no other City supporters that he knew of in Essex and another member suggested that were at least 3 season ticket holders within 5 miles of him.

I know of 4 in my town and 2 seem to get to regular games. Within a half hours drive are Cynic, leadman and southport-red.

I have attended three matches where I knew absolutely no-one else in the away support whatsoever. Only the fact 3 different people ordered drinks at the bar after the Wrexham game with unmistakeable accents did I find that one lived in Manchester and another in Preston and they were both waiting for the same train!

If anyone else from oop north or the midlands would like to meet up for a drink before games or share petrol costs to away/home games please indicate below.

There are up to nine of us who travel down from Shropshire for matches (although its not usually as many as that) So maybe we should forget car-sharing and get a coach ! (and there are probably more we havent found yet)

(there were 20 of us at the LDV final, did you see our 'Shropshire Cidereds' flag at the Millenium stadium ?)

party-smiley-3wr.gif

Guest Huddersfield Red

I wasn't aware of anyone else around here until a guy walked into my office last month in a City shirt. Whatever he came in for was forgotten as we chatted for half an hour about how things are down the Gate etc.

Well anybody that wants to travel down from Lancaster with me is more than welcome. 4 1/2 hours on the train on my own isn't much fun  :clap:

I was in Lancaster for four years at University and on a SU sabbatical - top place - and gave me a chance to see lots of grubby Northern grounds that otherwise I probably wouldn't have done.

Why else would anyone want to go to Gigg Lane, Deepdale or Brunton Park?

What course were you doing at Lancaster?

History.

Graduated in 1988 (which makes me very old, I know)

Fylde JCR President in 1986-7, AU President 1988-9, Ist XI centre forward 85-89, 1st XI wicketkeeper 85-89 and general layabout drunk...

Fylde? :how funny:  :how funny:  :how funny:  :how funny:

Finest college on campus, I'll have you know.........

although I understand from the (usually very tedious) Alumni News that it's due to be, ahem, knocked down as part of the redevelopment :clap:

Spill the beans then, what college (not useless old Furness I hope)

Hey Redoxo - most impressed with your Dad. :clap:

I live in Guildford and have only met one other City shirt wearing fan - however we are rather lax and only do the London/Southcoast games due to Girlfriend pressure. Ashton Gate is just a Birthday treat for me.

I'm sure the gas must be exageratting their forum member numbers.

600 vrs 2K ??!!

Alright thrn is anyone going to Blackpool and how are you gettin there?

I'm going up Friday evening and staying at a friends for the weekend, however, delighted to meet others for a beer before the game.

I believe that the Bloomfield is ok for away fans who behave.

Food

General Advice Blackpool is the fish and chip capital of the country. If you're looking for Raymond Blanc cuisne forget it.

If you can't find a chippy in Blackpool, then you've either no sense of smell or direction because there's hundreds of them. Most can be found all along the Sea front by crossing Lytham Road and going down any of the side streets

Inside the ground you can buy an award winning Holland's Pie but if you fancy an alternative, we've listed some below.

Harry Ramsden's About 5 minutes from the ground just under the Tower by the North pier

KFC Lytham Road, Whitegate Drive,Talbot Road & Bank Hey Street

McDonalds Bank Hey Street, The Promenade, Cheery Tree Road North (Drive through)

Domino's Pizza Devonshire Road

Drink

Number One Club Situated on Bloomfield Road next to the football ground. Cheap drinks, but sometimes don't allow away fans

The Bloomfield Situated on Bloomfield Road. Short walk up from the football ground. Large pub with plenty of space.

Other Pubs As you come in to Blackpool on Yeadon Way there's 'The Yeadon' which is a good family pub, there's the Saddle on Whitegate Drive and The Old Bridge can be found 5 minutes from the ground on Lytham Road which runs parallel with Seaside Way. In all honesty within 5 minutes of the ground on the sea front, there are no end of drinking establishments including Yates Wine Lodge, Brannigans, Copper Face jacks and O'Neills.

Yes I was at the Wrexham game with some of the other Shropshire boys (and in the pub next to the ground before that, trying to see the rugby on the tiny telly in the corner of the room !)

Not sure if I'll be at Blackpool though - I've got a ticket but for reasons which are too long and boring to go into, I'm spending a night in a haunted house on Friday night and don't know how tired I'll be by Saturday.

:Sleep12:

Fairplay. It might be more exciting (I know I shouldn't say that). The reason I was asking is that my brother and I got chatting to a few ex-pats from the Shrewsbury / Telford area? Had a good chat about the way everything was going then.

You're right about the tv in the pub though. What was worse was we walked through to the back just as Earnshaw scored from the spot against Cov on a big screen...... Some people just have no taste.

Archived