IGNORED

Messi Quits International Football

exAtyeoMax

Toys out of the pram, doesn't like losing, team not as good as me, missed penalty the last straw! What a w@nk3r!

Just like Zinedine Zidane  getting sent off for head-butting in his last ever international is this how Messi wants to be remembered in Argentina?

The result isn't the main reason for him retiring , it's to do with the way he's been treated by Argentinian's when playing for the national team and how the AFA operates. Apparently Mascherano , Aguero , Lavezzi , Biglia , Higuain and more are to retire as well.

10 minutes ago, Super said:

He'll now never do something Maradona did.

Cheat us out of a WC? Good

Now he's not dragging his arse halfway across the world for international games I wouldn't be against City exploring the option of breaking our wage structure to fit him in here

14 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Now he's not dragging his arse halfway across the world for international games I wouldn't be against City exploring the option of breaking our wage structure to fit him in here

People will always say though when comparing the two, can he be classed as a great without winning a world cup?

24 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Toys out of the pram, doesn't like losing, team not as good as me, missed penalty the last straw! What a w@nk3r!

Just like Zinedine Zidane  getting sent off for head-butting in his last ever international is this how Messi wants to be remembered in Argentina?

At least Zidane went out with a bang, not like a crying baby. And given how humble and gentle he normally was, Materazzi probably had it coming. 

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Does feel like he is trying to match Ronaldo (or wankpuffin as I shall always think of him now thanks to @deadredfred ) in the petulance stakes.

Wankpuffin always gets a like.

9 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

At least Zidane went out with a bang, not like a crying baby. And given how humble and gentle he normally was, Materazzi probably had it coming. 

Zidane had already reached greatness in 98 anyway. Still one of my Favourite ever players.

55 minutes ago, Super said:

People will always say though when comparing the two, can he be classed as a great without winning a world cup?

Tough one that, Cruyff, & Best - wonderful players who never won the big prize. Denmark 92 and Greece 04 - European Champions.......sometimes life isn't fair

I think Messi goes down as one of the best regardless of what happened at international level

5 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Unproven in English football and too small. No thanks. 

;) 

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:58, WRERE said:

The result isn't the main reason for him retiring , it's to do with the way he's been treated by Argentinian's when playing for the national team and how the AFA operates. Apparently Mascherano , Aguero , Lavezzi , Biglia , Higuain and more are to retire as well.

Any chance the England team of doing the same?

Archived