IGNORED

What was eating Harry Kane?

reddogkev

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Before this tournament started he was one of group of youngsters who people hoped would develop into the team of the future, The lack of experience in the side was made clear in the last 20 minutes against Iceland when they collectively, "lost it". English fans, being English fans, have "lost it" too, in their case all sense of perspective. They have written off all these young players, with possible exception of Rashford, and I fear that they are now forever stigmatised. The only thing that is giving me hope is the way that Beckham resurrected his career after a similar period of being everyones favourite scapegoat, I hope these players have some strong support around them.

Germany have the youngest squad at Euro 2016 and they're flying, as they always do. The Beckham thing was different: he was petulant and was rightly criticised, although obviously some idiots take it too far. Harry Kane didn't appear to show a jot of passion in this tournament, and that's inexcusable. If you can't cut the mustard, you shouldn't be allowing your agent to command such high wages for you.

25 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Before this tournament started he was one of group of youngsters who people hoped would develop into the team of the future, The lack of experience in the side was made clear in the last 20 minutes against Iceland when they collectively, "lost it". English fans, being English fans, have "lost it" too, in their case all sense of perspective. They have written off all these young players, with possible exception of Rashford, and I fear that they are now forever stigmatised. The only thing that is giving me hope is the way that Beckham resurrected his career after a similar period of being everyones favourite scapegoat, I hope these players have some strong support around them.

Of course, when the next load of qualifiers come along and Kane starts scoring against Lichtenstein and San Marino, people will be hailing him as the new Shearer again, in the same way that Rooney is allegedly a great player because he's scored a bunch of goals against part-timers. Then the WC will come round again, we'll go out without a whimper, and so the cycle continues. Yawn...

11 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

With all due respect, tired my ass

11 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

With all due respect, tired my ass

Ok i will ignore lots of people past and present in the game and go with you,

why can't they be tired after 10 months of football?

Where do I begin with this one? 

1. The man is 22, not 68

2. Poor lamb plays 90 minutes of football once a week, twice tops. What about tennis players who sometimes play 3-5 hours of top-level tennis every other day?

3. Harry Kane said himself that if he was picked for the Iceland game, he would score the goals that took us to the quarter finals. If he was tired, he should've piped up.

4. What about other players in the tournament who've played just as many games as Harry Kane and don't look tired?

13 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Germany have the youngest squad at Euro 2016 and they're flying, as they always do.

Yes they do. But they also have masses of experience. ozil, neuer, boateng, hummels, khedria, gomez, poldoski, schweinsteiger etc are all 27 plus and have all played on the biggest stage. Even the better younger members of their squad are mostly world cup winners and have champs league medals (muller, gotez).

England's team are young and massively inexperienced in comparison. Some have barely two years playing regularly at top level and this is even before we look at how much better the Germans are than them anyway. The comparison is not a fair one.

It was very obvious that we lacked experience in the last 20 mins and the players we looked to for it went missing.

2 hours ago, cider-manc said:

Yes they do. But they also have masses of experience. ozil, neuer, boateng, hummels, khedria, gomez, poldoski, schweinsteiger etc are all 27 plus and have all played on the biggest stage. Even the better younger members of their squad are mostly world cup winners and have champs league medals (muller, gotez).

England's team are young and massively inexperienced in comparison. Some have barely two years playing regularly at top level and this is even before we look at how much better the Germans are than them anyway. The comparison is not a fair one.

It was very obvious that we lacked experience in the last 20 mins and the players we looked to for it went missing.

You and I both know that experience makes no difference. Give it another four years and we'll see what happens, but I very much doubt our fortunes will change

Archived