IGNORED

suicide bombers in Istanbul airport

Fiale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36658187

A gun and bomb attack on Istanbul's Ataturk international airport has killed at least 10 people and injured others, with reports of at least one suicide bomber.

At least 20 people were also wounded with casualties being reportedly rushed to hospital in taxis.

Police opened fire to stop the suspects at an entry point, Reuters reports.

It appears that the attackers detonated explosives at the entrance to the international terminal.

"Ten people have been killed according to a preliminary toll," Justice Minister Bekir Bozdag said.

"According to the information I was given, a terrorist at the international terminal entrance first opened fire with a Kalashnikov and then blew himself up," the minister added, according to the Associated Press.

Turkish media report that two suicide bombers were involved.

Very, very sad. Unfortunately, as said many times before will see more and more of these attacks. 

Been getting grief, because I've refused to go to Tunisia with the in-laws next year. These attacks show they're still a real threat

10 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

It won't take long before someone in authority confirms that "this has absolutely nothing to do with Islam"!

Kurdish separatist or ISIS I wonder.

btw I know people hate RT, but they always do good coverage for these types of disatsters.

The line in the report I read saying a Kurdish group had claimed responsibility has now been taken out , so it looks like my first post was premature. 

Turkish security minister now saying the attack has indications that IS was behind it.

Archived