IGNORED

Bristol Airport - Simple Question

Markman

Got to pick my son up tomorrow - but I think the collect car park only allows 10 minutes - what is the cheapest car park to wait in case there are delays (or should I wait nearby outside the airport till he texts to say he is collecting cases etc)?

2 minutes ago, Markman said:

Got to pick my son up tomorrow - but I think the collect car park only allows 10 minutes - what is the cheapest car park to wait in case there are delays (or should I wait nearby outside the airport till he texts to say he is collecting cases etc)?

Why don't you park, free of charge, in one of the crash gate areas on the A38.

This is what everyone else seems to do.

It's completely free, but in the event of a crash on the airfield, you will stop the emergency services saving lives.

Ignore the hatched boxes, the 'strictly no parking' signs and police cones, and save yourself one or two quid.

:thumbsup:

Uncle TFR

21 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I think you get twenty minutes free, which is plenty if you time it right

Nope they charge you for even going in now. The best bet is to tell your son to walk down to the road and quickly pull over. As long as you are a split second you are ok 

Drive up the A38 past the main entrance to the airport, keep going straight on. The next roundabout (after you've gone past the end of the runway basically) is signed silver zone parking. 

Turn into there and then you'll come to the barrier for the silver zone parking. Don't go through there but turn right instead (you'll see Bristol Flying Centre/Airbus signs). Hang around there until you get the text :) 

20 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You can drive around to the far side of the airfield, around the airport perimeter road, and park up there for free - a lot of people do it just to watch the planes.  Then it's just a five minute drive back to the terminal once you get a text from your son.

Do you mean 'Dogging Corner'??

Uncle TFR

22 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Drive up the A38 past the main entrance to the airport, keep going straight on. The next roundabout (after you've gone past the end of the runway basically) is signed silver zone parking. 

Turn into there and then you'll come to the barrier for the silver zone parking. Don't go through there but turn right instead (you'll see Bristol Flying Centre/Airbus signs). Hang around there until you get the text :) 

This was an excellent shout = easy to park and watch the planes landing free!

Archived