IGNORED

House Buying Advice Required, Please...

Steve Watts

'Er indoors and I are about to start searching for our first home and need some advice or pointers on the following from anyone in the know, please....

1) We've had a mortgage agreed through Nationwide who actually lend on affordability rather than salary (this has increased the normal 3.5 times salary rule from around 98k to 114k!), which has put us well in the game for a decent 3 bed in a decent area! Unfortunately they only loan 95% LTV. Does anyone know of any other lenders who offer a similar loan but for 100% mortgages?

2) What sort of Solicitors/Conveyancers are around out there? I work for one, but our conveyancing, even to staff, is around £550+Vat, which seems extortionate! Can anyone recommend a reasonable one who doesn't compromise quality for price, if that makes sense?

3) Any other pearls of wisdom from anyone would be welcome...

Thanks all!

You could try speaking to Northern Rock as they offer up to 115% of your mortgage. I found them very good and being able to borrow a little extra to do the place up helped.

Unfortunatly most solicitors are a much of a much, You can ask your mortgage lender who they can recommend off there panel and I would probably go with these as the solicitor will have dealt with the company many times and if anything should happen at the last minute they know how to contact people etc.

Hope this helps a little and good luck :clap:

Archived