IGNORED

The Chilcot Whitewash

2 hours ago, TRL said:

You could apply that term... His actions have caused a vacuum in said country where many terrorists attrocities have been launched from. 

He knew only too well what would happen after we meddled and left the country with little infrastructure weak armed forces and a puppet government

The whole middle east instabilty started from this.  Say what you like about Saddam and yes he caused some terrible stuff in the 80s, but the country was fairly stable at the time of the 2nd gulf war.  Since then the whole area is a complete clusterf*ck with no signs of peace.

1 hour ago, Aizoon said:

Did anybody - and I mean anybody - have any plan as to the kind of state that would succeed Saddam's regime?

After taking the cheap oil, dividing up all of the rebuilding contracts for more oil and selling them loads more weapons and inferior training for their police and army for even more oil, The USA and it's poodle the UK couldn't give a flying **** who succeeded Saddam's regime as long as they paid the bills in oil and as turned out even more blood.

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

After taking the cheap oil, dividing up all of the rebuilding contracts for more oil and selling them loads more weapons and inferior training for their police and army for even more oil, The USA and it's poodle the UK couldn't give a flying **** who succeeded Saddam's regime as long as they paid the bills in oil and as turned out even more blood.

That sounded like me - are you sure there isn't an echo in here? Yes, I agree with every word of that.

4 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

That sounded like me - are you sure there isn't an echo in here? Yes, I agree with every word of that.

I still believe the report is a whitewash, it was tasked to answer 3 main questions.

1). Was the WMD claim sexed up = well maybe a little.

2). Did Blair lie/mislead parliament = selective in what he actually said.

3). Was the war legal = Who knows? but the advice was poor.

Bearing in mind he knew at least a year before that we were going to war and he still managed to send young men to fight with equipment not fit for purpose, either outdated, not suited to the environment in which they would be fighting and in many cases not even working properly, many of these young men were forced to buy their own equipment from Army stores before they left the UK and many more were given equipment by embarrassed American troops, that is how much this piece of shit cared about his troops.

His pathetic attempt at an apology today was yet another disgrace, which was punctuated with him basically claiming that the report exonerated him, the best thing he could do is to **** off to America and ******* well stay there, i'm sure that he would get on well with Donald Trump.

2 hours ago, screech said:

John Prescott of all people rightly has come out and given Blair a kick squarely in the nuts today. I would like him, on behalf of the nation to give Blair one of his famous straight rights to his grinny kisser.

Sad to say a typical hypocritical popularist statement from the king of bluster IMO, this bullshit would have carried far more weight, usefulness and belief if as the deputy leader of the labour party he had stated what he now believes, i'm sure he will claim to not being in the loop, oy fat arse you were the deputy leader and it was your job to know WTF was going on in your name FFS.

Archived