IGNORED

Striker Pecking Order

Big Red Rich

I agree with your list BRR but I would say there is nothing between the last three who will rotate on the subs bench. if A Brown does not resign, then Miller or Roberts may play somewhere behind the front two.

If I was Roberts, Miller or Lita, I would rapidly be looking for another club as it does not seem likey they are going to get much first team footy.

I would prefer to see...

Maclean

Miller

Heffernan

Roberts

Gillespie

Lita

Maclean had a fantastic goalscoring record last season and it would be a huge waste to stick him on the bench.

Still not convinced that Heffernan was a good signing - half-decent, but not exceptional.

But it just goes to show what a slap in the face this is for Gillespie and Lita. It looks like their hope of first-team football has all-but gone.

Can i just add here that Tins has said that ANYONE can get into the starting 11. He said how well they do in pre-season will determine who will play upfront etc.

So therefore perhaps there is no 'pecking order' here. i think Tins wants cover for injury/suspension, and he also wants competition for places.

If you look at the list I would expect Tins To pick 'his' signings above the others. I would include Miller in this as he was sort of responsible for him signing?

Although Tins has said several times that each player starts with a clean slate and will be picked on merit, all will have a chance to proove themselves pre-season.

The only player who might have reason to feel a bit unsettled could be Gillespie. He was signed by a now departed manager and has seen the new boss bring in other signings, more experiennced than him, before he has even kicked a ball in anger for the Club.

Guest tommyisgod

As it's the start of the season, they should all be on level pegging, and it depends how they play in friendlies, so I'd play a formation like this:

................................. Phillips...................................

......................Coles Fortune Hill..........................

..................................Tommy..................................

.....Roberts Miller Heffernan MacLean(?) Lita Gillespie...

That should sort it!! :o:city:

:o

Guest Cyprus_Red
As it's the start of the season, they should all be on level pegging, and it depends how they play in friendlies, so I'd play a formation like this:

................................. Phillips...................................

......................Coles Fortune Hill..........................

..................................Tommy..................................

.....Roberts Miller Heffernan MacLean(?) Lita Gillespie...

That should sort it!! :o:city:

:o

good solution to the problem

Guest blairhater

Fair competition is healthy.

I think Tins will be fair and not hide when players need "a rest"

Who's up for a fair and equal challenge?

Wear the shirt and give 110 genuine percent is all i ask for.

Hefferman is the obvious choice as No. 1,with expectations of 25 goals he'll certainly need to be in the line-up, and of course he has already proved himself at this level.

At No. 2,its Mr Toothpaste if he signs.The expenditure is down to B.T. and consequently B.T. will give him every opportunity to "shine", likewise he too has already shown that he can handle the rough & tumble of the lower leagues and score.

Miller gets the bronze,physically right but mentally still waiting to fully arrive.Actually think he will benefit from Tinnion & Millens leadership,"a work in progress" that managed correctly will vindicate Wilson's desire to sign him.

Lita,so unlucky not to be even on the bench in our last game.No.4 but fully deserving of every playing time opportunity that may come his way.

Roberts,the magic moments are all to rare to hold down a permanent spot,with only a mediocre goal scoring career record to date difficult to envisage any impovement.Interesting to see how B.T. will deploy him? Or indeed how the club will react to loan opportunities?

No.6,It's Mr Gillespie,some have said he maybe upset with our new additions and his apparent lack of opportunity.I don't think so,opportunities will be there for him in "real first-team" football pretty much from day 1.All he needs to know is that he will be treated fairly,Tinnion is far too smart to waste a prodigious talent,but as we see and learn more of him I would'nt be surprised to see him tested in a position other than one of the two main strikers.

Archived