IGNORED

Hengrove vs Bristol City

TammyAB

11 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Johnson wants to keep trialists identities a secret so well done all that posted on here!!!

If his tactics of anonymity fall short of telling the players not to say their name when a kid asks them, I reckon it can't be too huge of a deal.

55 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

I heard there were 5 scouts at the game using kids to get the names, so I don't suppose it would matter. :cool:

There were 10 scouts, I recognised their toggles. 

We played a totally different side each half, a mix of experience and trialists. Hard to gauge our defenders as they especially the trialist keeper had little to do. Freeman had lots of assists but still finds it easier to miss than score himself. The players all looked in good shape, Garita is a big lump. 

Tomlin as expected looked quality and brings so much to the team, constantly talking to others during play. O'Neil seems to have slipped in almost unnoticed, I mean seamlessly rather than annomyously, and got on with the game. Brownhill looked lively. Quite hard to judge exactly how players will play as it will need a more challenging opposition to show this.*

*I don't mean any disrespect to Hengrove by this, they had great facilities for their level. Nice club.

12 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

I don't care who the opponents are; that 2nd Tomlin goal is absolute class. 

He just looked at the crowd and shrugged as if saying 'there you go'. Quality goal, quality reaction. As as someone nearby me said 'THAT'S what we paid the money for' 

3 hours ago, City169 said:

Going by tweets Tomlin has figured out the getting in behind their defense that Manor Farm did, Hemgrove played with a high line and the last few tweets have been Tomlin playing a few players in behind.

nah, i'm not having this.  if Tomlin is tweeting during the game, that's just bad form all round and disrespectful to the opposition.  If we're buying players with this sort of attitude I'm going to look for another local side who are redeveloping their stadium. "COME ON YOU G........." nooooh, I just can't do it

3 minutes ago, jackofromrugby said:

nah, i'm not having this.  if Tomlin is tweeting during the game, that's just bad form all round and disrespectful to the opposition.  If we're buying players with this sort of attitude I'm going to look for another local side who are redeveloping their stadium. "COME ON YOU G........." nooooh, I just can't do it

I think LJ needs to put a stop to it PDQ. Unless it was one of the things we agreed to in his contract.

Clause 15 - Lee reserves the right to interact via social media whilst on the pitch.

42 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

God it was good to have the proper football back today. Played pretty well too, would have had more goals had it not been for Hengroves keeper in the second half. 

Their second keeper was a beast. His skill was second to none and he produced the third best moment of the match - LTs goals being the best two obviously :P

3 hours ago, cynic said:

Thanks for that - how did Brownhill do ?

Freeman got 4 assists so I assume he had a good game...

Brownhill looked superb. Very intelligent player. Freeman did well at the end of the first half but was just too slow on the ball before passing for the majority of the half. Great play for the third goal (I think it was the third) where he drove into the box. Can't argue with 4 assists.

35 minutes ago, BarmyArmy said:

Brownhill looked superb. Very intelligent player. Freeman did well at the end of the first half but was just too slow on the ball before passing for the majority of the half. Great play for the third goal (I think it was the third) where he drove into the box. Can't argue with 4 assists.

Maybe freeman has found his level.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Haha, I said the exact same thing at the time! 

It wasn't you, I didn't see you ha ha but yes you could almost see the collective nod of approval and knowing grins of the crowd looking back at him.

Archived